PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on Tonight's Game

Viva Magglio
08-09-2003, 09:57 PM
Well, I cannot really say what I want per the language filter policy. In cleaner terms, I really question the mental toughness of Jon Garland. Every time he experiences the slightest bit of adversity, he just comes unglued.

Tonight's game was really a return to corpseball. I just hope that we beat this hot rookie pitcher Sunday. I'll be driving to Springfield tomorrow afternoon, and I hope our beloved team does not inspire an act of road rage on I-55 on my part.

kevingrt
08-09-2003, 10:02 PM
I really disliked the game to from a tv standpoint.

But I have to disagree with yuo on the Jon Garland statement. Yeah, I do question his mental toughness, but whenever his back is against the wall and he needs a quality start, he comes up with one.

kempsted
08-09-2003, 11:30 PM
I havn't gotten to see tonights game yet but looking at the play by play on gameday I have a question. Why did he take Garland out after the 5th? When I first looked I said oh he got shelled but he didn't allow any runs in the 4th or 5th and put them down 1-2-3 in the 5th. Was there something you see from watching it or was this more Manuel stupid stuff so he could use his bullpen? If there wasn't anything - he sure doesn't seem to like Garland.

TornLabrum
08-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by kempsted
I havn't gotten to see tonights game yet but looking at the play by play on gameday I have a question. Why did he take Garland out after the 5th? When I first looked I said oh he got shelled but he didn't allow any runs in the 4th or 5th and put them down 1-2-3 in the 5th. Was there something you see from watching it or was this more Manuel stupid stuff so he could use his bullpen? If there wasn't anything - he sure doesn't seem to like Garland.

He was just about at the 100 pitch mark. You should have guessed that!

kempsted
08-10-2003, 12:13 AM
Oops Of Course. :smile:

Jerko
08-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by kempsted

Plus Singleton and Hatteberg were due up, 2 lefties, so Wunsch came in.

kempsted
08-11-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Plus Singleton and Hatteberg were due up, 2 lefties, so Wunsch came in.
Hmmm. Better not have been that. You don't take your starting pitcher out after 5 because of better right/left match up. I mean unless you are a total idiot .... oh I see.

CLR01
08-11-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
But I have to disagree with yuo on the Jon Garland statement. Yeah, I do question his mental toughness, but whenever his back is against the wall and he needs a quality start, he comes up with one.

Ofcourse thats usually the only time he comes through with a quality start, but he does throw in an unexpected gem 2-3 times a year.