PDA

View Full Version : Wills Mentions Hal Vickery

Viva Magglio
08-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Dave Wills thanked a bunch of people in Lot E, including one Hal Vickery. The one question I have is where did the people there get the COLD FALSTAFF????

whitesoxwilkes
08-09-2003, 10:43 PM
Tonight was AOL board night (aka Nomadfest) at the Cell. Thanks to Steff, my girlfriend and I got to go. One of the AOL guys drove to Peoria and fetched a couple cases of Falstaff. Drank my first one...mmm..not bad!

Wills came over and said hello to us, didn't even see him..and to think, I spent a good chunk of the night talking to Hal.

TornLabrum
08-10-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Tonight was AOL board night (aka Nomadfest) at the Cell. Thanks to Steff, my girlfriend and I got to go. One of the AOL guys drove to Peoria and fetched a couple cases of Falstaff. Drank my first one...mmm..not bad!

Wills came over and said hello to us, didn't even see him..and to think, I spent a good chunk of the night talking to Hal.

The source of the Falstaff was the person who will be the guest columnist in the next "Fallen Arches" coming soon to a WSI web site near you.

And a slight correction: It is Nomadsfest with the additional "s," named after our guest of honor, a diehard Sox fan from Springfield, iL.

Mike, now you know why Falstaff is the "choicest product of the brewers art."

doublem23
08-10-2003, 12:19 AM
My Central Illinois chant is still, "PBR ASAP"

:gulp:

TornLabrum
08-10-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
My Central Illinois chant is still, "PBR ASAP"

Another AOL guy brought some PBR. All that was missing was the Blatz.

StillMissOzzie
08-10-2003, 02:53 AM
I heard this on the radio too, patiently waiting to get out of the parking lot. He also mentioned Stephanie and Bob, and thanked the Nomads for a sausage from their tailgate party.

steff
08-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
I heard this on the radio too, patiently waiting to get out of the parking lot. He also mentioned Stephanie and Bob, and thanked the Nomads for a sausage from their tailgate party.

It was a great time. Nearly 50 people!!!

hsnterprize
08-10-2003, 10:33 AM
RATS!!!!! Wish I could've been there. A new baby kinda takes away some of your free time, though. No worries...Nathan is starting to come around as far as sleeping at night, and he'll be watching Sox games with his dad and older brother as soon as he stops sleeping all day. Nathan can't exactly watch a game when he can't keep his head up and straight. He'd be a perfect Cub fan for right now, but his dad and older brother know better.

By the way Steff...how's Plainfield, and great picture at the ASG!!!

steff
08-12-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
RATS!!!!! Wish I could've been there. A new baby kinda takes away some of your free time, though. No worries...Nathan is starting to come around as far as sleeping at night, and he'll be watching Sox games with his dad and older brother as soon as he stops sleeping all day. Nathan can't exactly watch a game when he can't keep his head up and straight. He'd be a perfect Cub fan for right now, but his dad and older brother know better.

By the way Steff...how's Plainfield, and great picture at the ASG!!!

Plainfield is great! The annual BBQ date will be announced soon so maybe you can make it to that..

And congrats on the little one!!

FanOf14
08-13-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
RATS!!!!! Wish I could've been there. A new baby kinda takes away some of your free time, though. No worries...Nathan is starting to come around as far as sleeping at night,

Your son is named Nathan? My nephew born last Sunday (8/3) is named Nathan too and will be a Sox fan too!