PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Place

Dadawg_77
08-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Why does it seem this team can't hold on to first place. Hopefully the Sox don't go into a three game skid now.

pudge
08-09-2003, 07:37 PM
It's because second place is our destiny...

inta
08-09-2003, 07:51 PM
relax.

we were only up half a game
we had a 3 game winning streak going, kc had a 4 game losing streak going. we're playing oakland, they're playing tampa.
something had to give

besides, the game's not over yet.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Dadawg asks why the Sox can't hold on to first place.

Well maybe because the Royals aren't going to roll over and die...

The biggest lead the Sox had was only a half game...

and because the Sox had to use a lot of enery just to cut that eight lead lead down to nothing. It's hard to play .750 baseball for a long stretch. The Sox have only themselves to blame for not being in a position where they had a lead BEFORE they hit the hot streak. If they had say a four game lead and THEN went 15-5, the race could be over.

Such is not the case.

Lip

doublem23
08-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Pfft... We'll win the division... Kansas City is running on fumes. We'll be, at worst 1-2 games behind the Royals going into the final 10 games of the year (7 against the Royals) and then we'll blow 'em out of the water.

Also, I'm not too concerned about 1/2 game out.

Kansas City sucks

believenroyals
08-09-2003, 09:34 PM
thanks for keeping first warm for us

delben91
08-09-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by believenroyals

I wouldn't get too comfortable at the top if I were either the Sox or the Royals. I think this race is going to be back and forth right up until the end.

Also, I'm not ready to declare Minnesota as dead yet, they're a real threat to both teams.

Take Oakland on Sunday guys.

GO SOX!

VaSoxfan
08-09-2003, 09:55 PM
Hey believein royals...

Id hold off on the cocky nonsense....your team has jerked away an impressive lead in the division....if you guys had decent pitching or anyone who could hit for power you'd have wrapped up the division weeks ago...so can the cockiness, especially since our boys aside from that opening day series have pretty much whipped yours. In the last couple weeks in some crucial games you guys are a weak 1 for 6 against us.

Now save the yucking it up for when you actually accomplish something. The only thing you've accomplished so far is be in a mighty struggle for this division, and in the head to head matchups with the team chasing you your boys have come up woefully short. If the last two series with us had been the other way around, the race would be pretty much over. But...you failed miserably....

sox_fan_forever
08-09-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by delben91
I wouldn't get too comfortable at the top if I were either the Sox or the Royals. I think this race is going to be back and forth right up until the end.

I agree with you. I've thought for the past week or so that this is probably going to go back and forth for a while.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-10-2003, 10:32 AM

This is what passes for a troll in Kansas City. C'mon, show some fire!!!

:)

hsnterprize
08-10-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

:) He can't...he's too fat from all the ribs he's eaten.

OKCSoxFan
08-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
because the Sox had to use a lot of enery just to cut that eight lead lead down to nothing.

:jerry
"Good thing I rest people on Sundays, then"

voodoochile
08-10-2003, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

:)

You are right George, it was lame trolling. BUT, it WAS trolling. It isn't allowed here...

Talk baseball, not smack, BNR...

SoxxoS
08-10-2003, 10:48 AM
This just in:

WE AREN'T GOING TO WIN EVERY GAME.

That needed to be said.

JUGGERNAUT
08-10-2003, 11:12 AM
What we're your expectations in this series? SWEEPING THE A's?

That's foolish .. the A's have been swept less times in the last 3 yrs then any other team.

We weren't expected to win on Sat & with scoring just 2 runs there was no way that would happen.

If we come out of this series with 2 wins we should rejoice!

A Cy performance from E-LO & we have a good chance to do just that.

gosox41
08-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Pfft... We'll win the division... Kansas City is running on fumes. We'll be, at worst 1-2 games behind the Royals going into the final 10 games of the year (7 against the Royals) and then we'll blow 'em out of the water.

Also, I'm not too concerned about 1/2 game out.

Kansas City sucks

What about the Twins. They're the one's who have worried my all year. If I'm not mistaken, the Royals have given up more runs then they scored. This will catch up to them in the win/loss column if it continues and I wouldn't be surprised if it does.

Bob