PDA

View Full Version : 7.5

voodoochile
08-24-2001, 11:50 PM
Mariners just beat Fatolo...

czalgosz
08-24-2001, 11:55 PM
I'd be happy if the Sox were 6.5 games back of Cleveland after the weekend, and 1 game back of the Twins.

The Sox are playing for pride right now.

Heck, even the '99 Sox went on a tear in September...

chisoxfanatic
08-25-2001, 12:02 AM
There is PLENTY of time to win this whole damn thing! I am a Math major, and, unless we are MATHEMATICALLY eliminated, I am not going to give up on our Sox! Right now, we are MORE THAN in it!

Heather the Redbird

FarWestChicago
08-25-2001, 12:10 AM
Mariners just beat Fatolo...

The Ol' Soft Tossin' Lefty takes down the Hippo. Who woulda thunk it.

Chisox353014
08-25-2001, 12:37 AM
After today's games, the Sox magic number to be eliminated is 28. The Flubs have been free-falling lately, but even most Sox fans will admit they still have a shot at the division. Their magic number to get knocked out? Yep, it's only 3 more than ours: 31! (Think anyone in the Chicago media will have the guts to point out this fact?) While I don't think the Sox will win it, it's not over yet. We must shave at least 2 more games off the lead before Cleveland comes to town on Friday. No .500 crap this week, we need a win streak!

voodoochile
08-25-2001, 12:39 AM
Wrote this while you were gone. Thought you might get a kick...

I didn't start the thread, but I've only got one in there... And so far the prediction is dead on...

http://130.94.169.158/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=11335#post11335

FarWestChicago
08-25-2001, 12:51 AM
Wrote this while you were gone. Thought you might get a kick...

LOL! I saw that last night as I was plowing through over a thousand messages. It was a thing of beauty. Great job!

Now, I have to make sure the local dial-in number down there works for me the next time I go. What a butt pain!

KempersRS
08-25-2001, 01:23 AM
Yeah West, while you were gone all hell broke loose. The Parking Lot became useless, off topic discussions are at an all time high with our season winding down without much hope of playoffs! Well, we did get to see some good pictures though. :)

Nellie_Fox
08-25-2001, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Yeah West, while you were gone all hell broke loose. The Parking Lot became useless, off topic discussions are at an all time high with our season winding down without much hope of playoffs! Well, we did get to see some good pictures though. :)

Since the Parking Lot is exactly for off topic discussions, how can you say it became useless with off topic discussions at an all-time high? The discussions were kept off the main board, weren't they?

FarWestChicago
08-25-2001, 01:45 AM
Yeah West, while you were gone all hell broke loose. The Parking Lot became useless, off topic discussions are at an all time high with our season winding down without much hope of playoffs! Well, we did get to see some good pictures though.

Well, the next time I go I'll make sure I have access. I was supposed to this time. It just didn't work. I was not happy. I could have gotten high speed access through the TV in my hotel room for $20 per day, but I'm not that crazy. It's not like I could have gotten away with it on the expense account.

FarWestChicago
08-25-2001, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Since the Parking Lot is exactly for off topic discussions, how can you say it became useless with off topic discussions at an all-time high? The discussions were kept off the main board, weren't they?

Well, I moved a few of them when I got back last night. There were too many going on here instead of in the Parking Lot.

Nellie_Fox
08-25-2001, 01:48 AM
Hhhhmmmmmm. Maybe you're saying that off-topic discussions weren't kept off the main board while FWC was away. I don't read every thread.

KempersRS
08-25-2001, 10:57 AM
What I meant Nellie, was that off-topic discussion were at an all time high on this board. Sorry if I was unclear on that. When I was writing it, it didn't even sound correct...but it's straight now.

Paulwny
08-25-2001, 02:00 PM
I think this discussion of "off topic discussions" should be in the parking lot. jk

FarWestChicago
08-25-2001, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I think this discussion of "off topic discussions" should be in the parking lot. jk

LOL!!

CLR01
08-26-2001, 04:03 AM
I had nothing to do with any of this alleged off topic discussion, i tried to stop it but nobody ever listens to me.