PDA

View Full Version : Lilly vs Garlan...Then Harden vs Loaiza


jabrch
08-09-2003, 03:20 PM
I like our chances of winning 1 or even both of the next two Oakland games. Garland is better than Lilly. Although Harden has been great so far, so has Loaiza and so far Harden has pitched against Kan, Ana, Cle and Det. None of those offenses are as good as ours...

It would be nice to gain ground when we play Oakland and the Royals play TB.

JJAustin69
08-09-2003, 03:22 PM
I am just worried about the line up that Manuel puts out there behind Loaiza on Sunday afternoon.

jabrch
08-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by JJAustin69
I am just worried about the line up that Manuel puts out there behind Loaiza on Sunday afternoon.

I agree. Travel from Chicago after a day game to Anaheim....He may bench the entire team. I hope he doesn't. Let the guys sleep on the plane. I'd hope he goes with all starters vs Harden. Make the kid pitch to our best hitters. Harden is a righty...so here's what I'd like to see.

Alomar
Lee
Frank
Mags
Everett
Konerko (or Daubach if he absolutely wants to rest someone)
Valentin
Crede
Olivo

For some reason I fear we will see ALL of

Graffanino
Daubach
Burke
Rowand
Harris

in the lineup. If this is the case, I promise I will poop in a bag and mail it to JM to indicate my displeasure.

rmusacch
08-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
I agree. Travel from Chicago after a day game to Anaheim....He may bench the entire team. I hope he doesn't. Let the guys sleep on the plane. I'd hope he goes with all starters vs Harden. Make the kid pitch to our best hitters. Harden is a righty...so here's what I'd like to see.

Alomar
Lee
Frank
Mags
Everett
Konerko (or Daubach if he absolutely wants to rest someone)
Valentin
Crede
Olivo

For some reason I fear we will see ALL of

Graffanino
Daubach
Burke
Rowand
Harris

in the lineup. If this is the case, I promise I will poop in a bag and mail it to JM to indicate my displeasure.

I think it is a given that Burke will be in the lineup tomorrow. I think I read somewhere that Burke will be used on day games after night games, strictly as a backup. I have a feeling that Burke will be gone by Tuesday, when Neal Cotts will be called up to start, although I have a bad feeling that they will start Wright. They keep saying he is available out of the bullpen but he has not pitched out of there yet.

jabrch
08-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by jabrch

I fear we will see ALL of

Graffanino
Daubach
Burke
Rowand
Harris

in the lineup. If this is the case, I promise I will poop in a bag and mail it to JM to indicate my displeasure.


I predicted this before getting into my car to go run some errands today. I turned the radio on and heard that today we are going to see Burke, Rowand and Graffanino all in the lineup... Geez...We have Garland going vs Lilly. Why not play to win this one. Then if we want to rest people tomorrow the day BEFORE a west coast flight...

I don't get JM...I just don't get it.

Shoeless Joe
08-09-2003, 05:05 PM
We gotta win tonight, especially with Lilly pitching. Harden is due for a bad start so, being as biased as I can, I think the Sox can pull out a sweep.

jeremyb1
08-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
I predicted this before getting into my car to go run some errands today. I turned the radio on and heard that today we are going to see Burke, Rowand and Graffanino all in the lineup... Geez...We have Garland going vs Lilly. Why not play to win this one. Then if we want to rest people tomorrow the day BEFORE a west coast flight...

I don't get JM...I just don't get it.

with the exception of burke catching for alomar who is likely to require several more knee surgeries if he catches four games in a row, this has been our lineup against lefties the majority of the time since the all-star break:

graffanino
rowand
thomas
ordonez
lee
konerko
crede
valentin
catcher

check the box scores. manuel will swap alomar for valentin a fair amount of the time and then bat alomar second with rowand moved down in the lineup but for the most part this has been it and this is exactly the lineup you're seeing tonight. i thought that all anyone wanted was a set lineup against righties and lefties and now when the lefty lineup is used jm is "tinkering" yet again. come on.