PDA

View Full Version : August important for BOTH CHICAGO TEAMS

jabrch
08-09-2003, 09:38 AM
When was the last time that both the Sox and the Cubs were within striking distance in August?

This is gonna be a fun late summer!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-09-2003, 09:48 AM
I believe it was 1977. The Flubbies were the first team in history to achieve a record 25 games over .500 and still sink to mediocrity. The Sox lost their fight with KC and fell out of 1st place in late August.

I really could give a rat's ass about the success of the North Side team. Screw them. They're taking column-inches away from the coverage of our ball team that deserves to receive it. I WANT IT ALL FOR THE WHITE SOX! The sooner the lovable losers fade, the better. No true Sox Fan could have it any other way.

Their ownership doesn't give a damn about winning.
Their fans don't give a damn about winning.
The sport of baseball in Chicago would be better off without them.

Hooray for WINNING BASEBALL in Chicago! **** the Cubs.

:scrubs

:woo-woo

:barney&sham

:corker

jabrch
08-09-2003, 10:03 AM
I am a diehard Sox fan. I'd give a kidney to some needy child to see us win a World Series in my lifetime. I do hate the Cubs. I hate Sammy. I hate the Trib. I hate the way the media coverage is so pro-Cubs and anti-Sox. I hate the beerswillingbleacherbums. However, there is a minority of real Cubs fans who I empathize for. They want to win. They know the game. They aren't as big of idiots as their counterparts are any more than you and I are as big of idiots as the doofs who attacked Gamboa. I am a Sox fan first....then a Chicago fan. It would hurt me somewhere to see the Cubs win a WS and the Sox not do it...but at the same time, it would be good for the city.

TornLabrum
08-09-2003, 10:06 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the Cubs can go on a 20-game losing streak tomorrow, and it wouldn't bother me one iota. I have a great Dave Wills comment on this that I can't use here until the next WCSF newsletter comes out that describes what it will be like if both clubs make it to the postseason.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-09-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
I am a diehard Sox fan. I'd give a kidney to some needy child to see us win a World Series in my lifetime. I do hate the Cubs. I hate Sammy. I hate the Trib. I hate the way the media coverage is so pro-Cubs and anti-Sox. I hate the beerswillingbleacherbums. However, there is a minority of real Cubs fans who I empathize for. They want to win. They know the game. They aren't as big of idiots as their counterparts are any more than you and I are as big of idiots as the doofs who attacked Gamboa. I am a Sox fan first....then a Chicago fan. It would hurt me somewhere to see the Cubs win a WS and the Sox not do it...but at the same time, it would be good for the city.

I'm not questioning your Sox allegiance. In fact, I've gone on the record that any Sox Fan who bothers to turn on their computer, surf specifically to this site, and post here has already demonstrated more allegiance to the team than 95 percent of the casual attendees passing the turnstiles.

I simply disagree that BOTH teams winning is GOOD for baseball in Chicago. It's not. I'm not willing to excuse the Cubune and their legions of lovable loser fans who have--without question--been the driving force for what makes Chicago such a LOSER CITY for baseball. They are culpable, and I'm not giving them one damn inch on the issue.

1.) They fill their ballpark, but couldn't care less about winning.
2.) They have coast-to-coast media dollars at their disposal, but can't field a good team.
3.) They perpetrate myths (like throwing back home run balls) that glorify losing.
4.) Worst of all, they drain the market of potential dollars the Sox could use to bring Chicago a champion, because Sox Fans would never tolerate #1, #2, and #3 noted above.

Their team and their lovable loser fans can rot in hell. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that WINNING BASEBALL in Chicago would be infinitely better off without the scourge of the lovable losers ****ing everything up for the rest of us.

If you care about WINNING baseball in Chicago, the first thing to do is to hope the Cubs lose every single year. It's the only way to eliminate the spread of the lovable losers mentality. We've been losing this battle for at least 34 years now. If I have to see one more ****ing tribute to Ron Santo and that damned pile of '69 losers...

harwar
08-09-2003, 10:54 AM
It is my(and should be all Sox fans)worst nightmare,that the WHITE SOX and the cubs both make the playoffs this year.Not only is the local media,all cubs all the time,but espn seems to be really pushing the cubs this year.If we both make the playoffs,the White Sox will be almost totally ignored by national media and local.
Example:"the score" this morn is talking almost solely about the verdit handed down(instead of the 1st place Sox) by that worthless judge on those scum that attacked the royals 3rd base coach,the hosts are both cub fans and never fail to do something like this.
If we happened to face the cubs in the World Series and beat them,we would go down in history as one of the most despicable organizations in history for ruining everybodys' party,for the White Sox fans would be considered minons of the evil empire if we dared not to lose to moses,the savior,& superman(alou,prior,&sosa)and all things great and wonderful that is cubdom.

RKMeibalane
08-09-2003, 11:05 AM
Who cares about the Chicago Cubs? So they have a shot at reaching the post-season. Big ****ing deal! I refuse to give credit to an organization that epitomizes losing and mediocrity. The Cubs are ruining the sport of baseball. The sad part is that nobody seems to realize this. Losing isn't cute. The Cubs aren't cute. And I sure as hell do not give a damn if they make the playoffs, because they won't be there long.

We are all White Sox fans. Therefore, I think we should be concentrating on what OUR team is doing. If the Loveable Losers from the North Side are fortunate enough to qualify for the NLDS, that would only provide me with the incentive to avoid watching those games. I don't care the damn Cubs. Just hearing their name makes me sick to my stomach. I don't want to think about them anymore.

Chisox_cali
08-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Here's a hypothetical question

Would you rather the Sox make the playoffs, the Cubs not, and the Sox win the World Series?

or

The Sox and Cubs both get in the post-season, face off in the World Series, and the Sox Win the Series?

I go for the latter. Good for the City.

voodoochile
08-09-2003, 11:10 AM
I'm always happy when the city receives positive press and for because of that, I am happy that both teams are getting the city some national games and good press.

I'm not rooting for or against the flubbies. I am simply ignoring them. I get 90% of my information about them from thread headlines at this site...

jabrch
08-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Would you rather the Sox make the playoffs, the Cubs not, and the Sox win the World Series?

or

The Sox and Cubs both get in the post-season, face off in the World Series, and the Sox Win the Series?

C) Either A or B!!!!

RKMeibalane
08-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I'm not rooting for or against the flubbies. I am simply ignoring them. I get 90% of my information about them from thread headlines at this site...

Once again, voodoo, you and I agree. That's basically how I feel about the situation. I don't care what the Cubs do. They have no impact on the Sox place in the standings, so I'm not going to think about them.

jabrch
08-09-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Who cares about the Chicago Cubs? So they have a shot at reaching the post-season. Big ****ing deal! I refuse to give credit to an organization that epitomizes losing and mediocrity. The Cubs are ruining the sport of baseball. The sad part is that nobody seems to realize this. Losing isn't cute. The Cubs aren't cute. And I sure as hell do not give a damn if they make the playoffs, because they won't be there long.

We are all White Sox fans. Therefore, I think we should be concentrating on what OUR team is doing. If the Loveable Losers from the North Side are fortunate enough to qualify for the NLDS, that would only provide me with the incentive to avoid watching those games. I don't care the damn Cubs. Just hearing their name makes me sick to my stomach. I don't want to think about them anymore.

I agree with most of what you say...except for one minor detail. As much as the Cubs have lost....so have we. Out history is no better. The first team to win a World Series in this town will be loved for years to come. Winning the World Series would finally vault the Sox over the Cubs in terms of coverage. Continuing to put 30,000+ in the park will vault the Sox in prestige... I am all for that. I just don't mind seeing the Cubs do well as it is good for Chicago!

Chisox_cali
08-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I'm always happy when the city receives positive press and for because of that, I am happy that both teams are getting the city some national games and good press.

Stop Dodging the question Sir!! :D:

voodoochile
08-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Stop Dodging the question Sir!! :D:

The Sox winning the World Series is good enough for me. I don't care who they beat at that point in time.

Heck, I'm shaving my head for a pennant. My flubbie roommate says he is going to do it for a playoff spot. I told him he was stealing our shtick and to get his own...

soxwon
08-09-2003, 11:29 AM
If we happened to face the cubs in the World Series and beat them,we would go down in history as one of the most despicable organizations in history for ruining everybodys' party,for the White Sox fans would be considered minons of the evil empire if we dared not to lose to moses,the savior,& superman(alou,prior,&sosa)and all things great and wonderful that is cubdom.-HARWAR

AND DONT FORGET JESUS HIMSELF-CARRIE WOOD.

34 Inch Stick
08-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Ive got a little different angle on this. I hope the Cubs take a playoff hope into September- only to blow it at the end. I love to see anguish on Cubs fans faces. It's like the shots of crying cheerleaders during the NCAA tournament.

By the way, I hope they get Palmeiro before we play Texas.

jabrch
08-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Ive got a little different angle on this. I hope the Cubs take a playoff hope into September- only to blow it at the end. I love to see anguish on Cubs fans faces. It's like the shots of crying cheerleaders during the NCAA tournament.

By the way, I hope they get Palmeiro before we play Texas.

I like the way you think Stick.... The pain the wrigley faithful feel is always pleasureable to me. Nice analogy with the cheerleaders. As far as Raffy is concerned... He isn't hitting all that well this year. I am not too afraid of him. They have some good youngsters though...Blalock and Texiera...

PaleHoseGeorge
08-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

EXACTLY! The stupid Flubs are going to play 162 regular season games this season regardless of what happens. Since the Sox can't possibly get 100 percent of the city's attention until at least October 1, let the lovable losers and their idiot fans flame out in the most repulsive fashion possible. That's what I call good for Chicago baseball.

However, once this discussion turns to post-season play, forget it. Those miserable wretches will attempt to turn anything about the Flubs--ANYTHING--into the most glorious event since Abner Doubleday invented the game. Keep them out of the playoffs, and God help us if they ever reach the World Series. The White Sox will always--ALWAYS--play the villian in this drama, and you're only kidding yourselves to think otherwise. The Flubs presence only hurts us and ultimately hurts baseball in Chicago, too. I can't emphasize this point too much.

Let me make one point perfectly clear. Chicago's two teams are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the two teams in New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. If both the Yankees and Mets, or Dodgers and Angels, or Giants and A's, make the playoffs--that is GOOD for baseball in those cities. That's not the case here in Chicago for one very simple reason:

NOBODY IN ANY OTHER CITY EVER GLORIFIED LOSING LIKE THE CUBS AND CUBS FANS DO.

Letting them act like children and then REWARD them for their ignorance with victories only hurts the White Sox--the only team in town honestly trying to win championships.

Please don't ever confuse fans of the Mets, Yankees, Dodgers, Angels, Giants, or Athletics with those pathetic idiots who support the Flubs--a team they themselves labeled "lovable losers." That **** won't fly in those other cities! That is why the Flubs winning is BAD for baseball in Chicago, not good.

Does that make it any clearer to any of you?

JJAustin69
08-09-2003, 01:55 PM
The thought of the Cubs in the playoffs and the inevitable media blubbering about the "greatness" and "traditon" of Cubdom is enough to make my stomach turn. I am pulling hard for the Cardinals and Astros. Think of the horror of constant Scam-me comparisons with Ruth etc. Think of national media features on Wrigley and all that comes with it. The recent visit of the Yankees to the North Side should be enough to convince us all that the less the Cubs and their drunken minions are in the spotlight, the better.

Paulwny
08-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by harwar

If we happened to face the cubs in the World Series and beat them,we would go down in history as one of the most despicable organizations in history for ruining everybodys' party,for the White Sox fans would be considered minons of the evil empire if we dared not to lose to moses,the savior,& superman(alou,prior,&sosa)and all things great and wonderful that is cubdom.

As an outsider to Chi; I agree. The vast majority of the US will be rooting for the loveable losers and we'll be the evil force.

TraderTim
08-09-2003, 05:50 PM
heh!

I thought the original poster meant...

It's an important month for both the Chicago teams: Sox and Bears!

Who woulda even thought of the Cubs?

Forkit!

hempsox
08-09-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Their team and their lovable loser fans can rot in hell. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that WINNING BASEBALL in Chicago would be infinitely better off without the scourge of the lovable losers ****ing everything up for the rest of us.

If you care about WINNING baseball in Chicago, the first thing to do is to hope the Cubs lose every single year. It's the only way to eliminate the spread of the lovable losers mentality. We've been losing this battle for at least 34 years now. If I have to see one more ****ing tribute to Ron Santo and that damned pile of '69 losers...

Hey PHG...tell us how you really feel on this subject...

PaleHoseGeorge
08-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by hempsox
Hey PHG...tell us how you really feel on this subject...

I think I can sum it up best thusly...

"If you care about WINNING baseball in Chicago, it's best for the lovable losers to keep right on losing."

:)

doublem23
08-10-2003, 12:07 AM

or

A without a second of hesitation... **** the North Side.