PDA

View Full Version : KC acquires Abbott

MHOUSE
08-09-2003, 02:36 AM
The Royals acquired Paul Abbott today from Arizona for a minor league pitcher named Leclair. I didn't even know he was still around. Lima was a find, but I doubt Appier and Abbott will do much. At least they have experience. Talk about an aging and patchwork staff. Old and young, they don't have anyone in between.

Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030808&content_id=465800&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Konerkoholic
08-09-2003, 02:38 AM
I have laughed at each and every pickup the Roayls have made. Their pitchers are either washed up or too young.

WinningUgly!
08-09-2003, 02:47 AM
Looks like they're gonna try anything but duct-tape & bubble gum to hold that pitching staff together. :)

34 Inch Stick
08-09-2003, 11:47 AM
Leskanic and Levine are both OK. These latest two starting acquisitions are the equivalent of a white flag. I would expect 0 wins from either of them for the rest of the season.

The focus right now should be on the Twins.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Ummmmm Jose Lima's 7-0.

So much for that "joke."

Certainly beats what the Sox have put out in Porzio, Wright and Stewart wouldn't you say?

Lip

VeeckAsInWreck
08-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Makes you wonder who the Royals will pick up next?

Bret Saberhagen?

or maybe even this guy
:jaime
"Hey, the White Sox chose me over that has been Roger Clemens!"

34 Inch Stick
08-09-2003, 02:24 PM
I know it's not your point Lip but if you want to win a championship by picking up starters in mid season of the waiver wire, be my guest. You may get lucky once but three times in a year? I have discounted the Royals from this race already. I do have a serious fear of the Twins and that easy September schedule.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2003, 07:09 PM
My point is that Lima may be a joke but he's won seven games which is five more then the Sox trio I mentioned.

There's nothing wrong with picking up players off the waiver wire, maybe the Sox should try it for a change!

There will be some pretty decent players out there who teams that are out of the race or don't want to add salary will pass on.

Bottom line is that the Sox pitching staff needs help BADLY. At least the Royals are trying aren't they?

Lip

doublem23
08-10-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
My point is that Lima may be a joke but he's won seven games which is five more then the Sox trio I mentioned.

There's nothing wrong with picking up players off the waiver wire, maybe the Sox should try it for a change!

There will be some pretty decent players out there who teams that are out of the race or don't want to add salary will pass on.

Bottom line is that the Sox pitching staff needs help BADLY. At least the Royals are trying aren't they?

Lip

This point can only be considered valid if Lima is supposed to be KC's 5th starter and it is clear that he's not. Sorry if the rest of us (that, not coincidentally, have a clue) aren't impressed with the acquasations/promotions of Jose Lima, Kevin Appier, Paul Abbott, and Jimmy Gobble to round out the KC rotation. I'd still take ours over theirs as of right now (as anyone with a functioning brain cell would).

WinningUgly!
08-10-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
This point can only be considered valid if Lima is supposed to be KC's 5th starter and it is clear that he's not. Sorry if the rest of us (that, not coincidentally, have a clue) aren't impressed with the acquasations/promotions of Jose Lima, Kevin Appier, Paul Abbott, and Jimmy Gobble to round out the KC rotation. I'd still take ours over theirs as of right now (as anyone with a functioning brain cell would).

Jimmy Gobble has been very good in his 2 starts. How can this be? Isn't he rookie pitching in a pennant race? :D:

doublem23
08-10-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Jimmy Gobble has been very good in his 2 starts. How can this be? Isn't he rookie pitching in a pennant race? :D:

How can that be! THEY'RE CORRUPTING HIM!!!!!

Though, hasn't Gobble's first two starts been against the D-Rays. I know they've been playing well as of late, but, c'mon... It's Tampa Bay.

WinningUgly!
08-10-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
How can that be! THEY'RE CORRUPTING HIM!!!!!

Though, hasn't Gobble's first two starts been against the D-Rays. I know they've been playing well as of late, but, c'mon... It's Tampa Bay.

I know...he'll get gobbled up when he faces a real team & be exposed as the turkey he is.

I can't believe I just typed that. :D:

MHOUSE
08-10-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I know...he'll get gobbled up when he faces a real team & be exposed as the turkey he is.

I can't believe I just typed that. :D:

LMAO :)

When he faces a real team he's going to get STUFFED.

Lip Man 1
08-10-2003, 01:24 PM
I hope you guys are right otherwise it'll be the Sox who are carved up and basted around mid September.

Lip