PDA

View Full Version : Gagne is unreal!

WinningUgly!
08-08-2003, 11:40 PM
He just blew away the sCrUBBIES in the 9th for his 39th straight save.

LA wins 3-1. :) :gulp:
Ahhhh...a good night of baseball gets even better. :D:

Thunderstruck30
08-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Yeah but Ill be sad if either him or Smoltz breaks Thigpens record.

WinningUgly!
08-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30

Yeah, but at least Thiggy will still hold the AL record. :)
I don't think either guy will get 57 this year, anyway.

Hangar18
08-09-2003, 12:34 AM
I was at a bar catching the rest of that game. there were a couple of FLUB fans watching intently....and I explained how at Dodger Stadium, they play the GUns n ROses welcome to the jungle, amplified thru the stadium VERY LOUD, and the place goes bonkers.....lights flashing, him trotting in on the scoreboard.....
He is Menacing. Was pretty excelllent watching Him MOW down the cubs on what.....15 pitches? He was PHENOMENAL today....made Sammy look like a HS hitter...the way he located his fastball. Against Alou......he had him fooled 2wice......
only the high CUrve shouldve been callled STRIKE THREE, but the Ump felt compelled to CUbness (and didnt watch alous Knees Buckle like piano on a card table) so he blew him away with a 98mph fastball that even alou was astounded by. i was impressed.

Dadawg_77
08-09-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30

Gange won't have a shot this year, Smoltz might have a shot. The hardest thing about breaking Bobby's record, is you need 57 save ops do it. Only 5 players since Bobby set the record have even accomplish that feat.

MHOUSE
08-09-2003, 01:21 AM
The Dodgers have a lot of low-scoring games, but they can't seem to be ahead half the time. Gagne is unreal. The guy is amazing and can PITCH like no other. He could win the Cy Young. What other NL pitcher is even close? Get to the 9th with a lead and it's over. Dodgers are close to 50-0 when leading after 8 innings. Dang!

34 Inch Stick
08-09-2003, 10:44 AM
And the Dodgers were looking to deal Gagne before '02 to us for Bobby Howry IIRC. In all fairness Gagne was a can't miss starter prospect who had woefully underachieved to that point. Imagine if Kenny had pulled that one off as one of his first trades Gagne and Marte for next to nothing. The guy would be a genius.

34rancher
08-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
He just blew away the sCrUBBIES in the 9th for his 39th straight save.

LA wins 3-1. :) :gulp:
Ahhhh...a good night of baseball gets even better. :D:

Makes me glad that he got shelled during the All-Star game. :)

Now, let's capitalize and make sure that we get the home-field advantage for the World Series. :)

voodoochile
08-09-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
And the Dodgers were looking to deal Gagne before '02 to us for Bobby Howry IIRC. In all fairness Gagne was a can't miss starter prospect who had woefully underachieved to that point. Imagine if Kenny had pulled that one off as one of his first trades Gagne and Marte for next to nothing. The guy would be a genius.

For some reason, I don't see the Sox making the move. If they had traded for him and he had continued to suck as a starter, they would have packaged him for someone else and missed the chance to convert him to a closer. The Sox almost never change a pitcher's job description - especially the bigger name minor league pitchers.