PDA

View Full Version : Hallliday? Why not Estaban?

mike squires
08-08-2003, 10:37 PM
Just got me ESPN the mag in the mail and of course there is a big spread on Roy Halliday. Here is Estaban a non roster invitee, leading the league in ERA and not far from total win leader...THe sox never get media attention. Leave it to ESPN to cover a guy from a team out of the states. I remember they did a story on Konerko, Valentine and some other and they got their names mixed up... :angry:

MHOUSE
08-09-2003, 02:29 AM
Sox got BIG Baseball Tonight coverage for Buehrle's win. They broke down some of his strikeouts and said how he outduelled Mulder.

Konerkoholic
08-09-2003, 02:29 AM
I can't believe how easily impressed ESPN analysts are by pitcher's record. Halladay's 16 wins mean almost nothing when you consider that Esteban could very well be 19-2 right now. Loaiza has led the league in ERA from the start of the season. Pedro is second. SECOND! When you're outpitchin Pedro, you deserve to get the most Cy Young chatter. IMO, the leading candidates are: 1) Loaiza
2) Mulder
3) Pedro
4) Halladay
Oh, but he's got 16 wins, so he's the best. Why not give Russ Ortiz the NL Cy Young? He's got 16 wins, too. White Sox players will not get any credit until they win in the playoffs. That's just the way it is.

MRKARNO
08-09-2003, 03:54 AM
It seems as if ESPN has finally taken note of the sox as they have been covering them a lot more lately

Blueprint1
08-09-2003, 09:16 AM
When he started winning i knew the media would love this story. For some reason the Bluejays are loved by the media