PDA

View Full Version : Ed Farmer defends JM on Oakland radio

Bisco Stu
08-08-2003, 09:16 PM
Had to listen to the game because my TV's screwed up and they have this "Hometown Inning" where the local broadcasters join Bill King on the A's telecast. Rooney did the 5th and Farmer the 6th.

Anyway, King and Farmer were talking about JM and Farmer said that JM has faced "a storm in Chicago. And he has to find the eye of the storm, but he gets caught up in the winds, mostly from these people in Windy City."

The "eye of the storm," eh?

Is that where JM goes to nap?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-08-2003, 09:21 PM
Please somebody tell me this is going to be Farmer's last season in the Sox booth. About the only redeeming thing about this doofus are the laughs KingXerxes can make from parodying him here on the board.
:smile:

mike squires
08-08-2003, 09:30 PM
I can say I really don't mind Farmio as a broadcastor. He fits well with Rooney. He could be a little more excitable. I absolutly hate his home run calls.

My wife actually had a dream a few weeks ago that Ed was reading to some little kids but his face was kind of messed up like Michael Jackson's. I wonder what that dream symbolized? I wish I had him by my bedside reading me stories when I had a 3 day bout of no sleep a few years ago. I would have been out like a light!!

TornLabrum
08-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Please somebody tell me this is going to be Farmer's last season in the Sox booth. About the only redeeming thing about this doofus are the laughs KingXerxes can make from parodying him here on the board.
:smile:

Which is all the more reason to keep him. I love to laugh until my sides ache.

AMestan
08-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Ed Farmer is the only guy who tells the truth and doesn't kiss JR's behind. I like Hawk and Rooney but DJ is brutal. He brings nothing to table. Farmer will tell you when someone screwed up or if someone doesn't deserve unwarranted abuse. Listen to DJ after someone commits an error, the first thing out of his mouth is an excuse regardless of the type of play that occurred. Farmer on the other hand will tell who what happened with no excuses unless there's a valid reason. I really like how DJ pronounces Damen Ave., (DA MEN Ave.). How about his continual stories about his significant minor league career, who cares. At least Hawk and Farmer had careers, awards and All Star representation. Farmer's from the Southside and talks to the audience expecting them to not only understand baseball but also the city in general. The last thing I need to hear is DJ trying to bring some sort of relevance to an irrelevant situation or comment. I also don't need DJ to tell me why the SOX lost (what if, excuses, etc.,) when anyone with a half a brain knows why if you listened to or watched the game. DJ belongs in San Diego, Arizona, Anaheim, Seattle, etc,.

RKMeibalane
08-09-2003, 01:23 PM
I lost all respect for Farmer during Spring Training, when he kept saying that Frank Thomas needed to "make the team." What kind of crap was that? I remember saying at the time that Farmer probably just didn't like Frank, and I still think that's the case. Having said that, I wish Farmer would admit when he was wrong.

The other thing that bothers me about him is that he's always whining. I don't get to listen to many of the Sox radio broadcasts, but every time I do, he starts complaining about something.

:farmer

"That was terrible swing by Rowand. Freddy Garcia threw him a breaking ball down in the strike zone, and he just could stop himself from taking another fishing trip. Give me a break! What is it with Sox hitters and breaking balls?"

Rowand strikes out on the next pitch- another breaking ball, this one low and away.

"There it is again. Rowand has got to learn to lay off that pitch. He's an automatic out up there, John. Why does he even bother showing up? He's not going to hit the ball. What was he thinking?"

Two innings later...

"That's the fourth strikeout of the game for Garland. That changeup was low and away, similar to the pitch that's been giving Aaron Rowand trouble all night. I really wish Rowand wouldn't swing at that pitch. He just can't resist the urge to go fishing for breaking balls.

"Speaking of fishing, did I tell you what happened last weekend?"

:rooney

(To himself) "Please, God... no..."

"A few friends and I went over to this small stream area near Oak Brook. Anyway, one of my friends decided that he didn't need a rod to do his fishing. He just jumped right into the stream! The thing of it is, the water wasn't that deep, and the bottom was just a bunch of mud. So this guy gets up out of the water, and he's got mud all over him. I was laughing so hard I peed my pants."

:rooney

"That's great, Ed."

jabrch
08-09-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
I can say I really don't mind Farmio as a broadcastor. He fits well with Rooney. He could be a little more excitable. I absolutly hate his home run calls.

My wife actually had a dream a few weeks ago that Ed was reading to some little kids but his face was kind of messed up like Michael Jackson's. I wonder what that dream symbolized? I wish I had him by my bedside reading me stories when I had a 3 day bout of no sleep a few years ago. I would have been out like a light!!

Your wife had a dream about Ed Farmer? She must be (no offense intended) a sick sick sick woman!