PDA

View Full Version : First Place!

windycityson
08-08-2003, 10:00 PM
Nice Pitching Buerhle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inta
08-08-2003, 10:02 PM
very nice, give the bullpen an extra day rest.

that was a great game.

windycityson
08-08-2003, 10:05 PM
THAT WAS GREAT!!!!! BUERHLE HAS TURNED THIS TEAM AROUND WITH LOAIZA. WALNUTS IS HITTING, MAGS, ROBBY JUST KEEP IT GOING!!!!!!!!!!!

windycityson
08-08-2003, 10:08 PM
I'm going to the bar and celebrate. This site is great and I'm proud to be part of it and on that note 1st PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-08-2003, 10:12 PM
White Sox...........61...54....530... -
Kansas City.........60...54....526...
Minnesota............58...57....504... 3

dickallen15
08-08-2003, 10:27 PM
They can't let up now. Last time they tied for first, they lost 3 in a row. 40,000 in the park tomorrow, Sox will win big.

mike squires
08-08-2003, 10:33 PM
Please, please ladies and gents...If the Royals go on to win a few in a row and the Sox stumble a bit which is likely especially with Garland going tomorrow (I think he's been pitching well lately though) lets not panic. This thing might go back and forth for awhile. I just hope and pray we got a big enough cushion before we go into that last series with KC. I don't think my ticker could take it.

soxtalker
08-08-2003, 10:40 PM
I'm excited by first place, but I'm almost as excited about the way that we played against Oakland. One of my concerns with playing in the "weak" division is that we won't be competitive if we make the play-offs. Games like tonight are much more reassuring. (Of course, I was rather relieved when I saw Buerhle come out to pitch the ninth.)

hold2dibber
08-08-2003, 10:43 PM
What a job by Buehrle. He really is a pleasure to watch, the way he just goes out there, gets the ball, and goes after hitters. Great win.

SoxRulecubsdrool
08-08-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
(Of course, I was rather relieved when I saw Buerhle come out to pitch the ninth.)

What? You didn't want to see Koch pitching. The A's would still be hitting.

cheeses_h_rice
08-08-2003, 10:45 PM
Just got back from the game (where I sat with Hangar18 and his nephew), and I must point out something...the difference this game probably comes down to Center Fielders and the way they handled home run balls just over the wall.

A's don't grab it, yet Everett does -- bingo, that's the difference in the game right there. I am so relieved to be on the good side of that equation.

First place. Man. Who'da thunk it?

I am literally :gulp: right now!

mike squires
08-08-2003, 10:49 PM
one hour and 58 minutes...you gotta be kidding me!!!

konerkopeachy
08-08-2003, 10:54 PM
That was a quick game....what was Buehrle's final pitch count, anyway? He didn't throw a lot of balls did he? When pitchers throw lots of balls the game drags on and on and on.....

lowesox
08-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Wow!!! Just in case the players on this team read this site (which I think they do)... I owe you guys a huge apology. Earlier on this season I questioned this team's conviction. But I am so proud of how the WhiteSox have played. Coming back from such a huge deficit to two different teams is purely awesome.

Let's be very careful of the Twins. I think KC may slide out, but I think Minne is going to try and stick with us for a bit then try to sneak by.

Keep kicking ass boys!

inta
08-08-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by konerkopeachy
That was a quick game....what was Buehrle's final pitch count, anyway? He didn't throw a lot of balls did he? When pitchers throw lots of balls the game drags on and on and on.....

he pitched 115, with 79 strikes.

yes, a very quick game.

Nick@Nite
08-08-2003, 11:08 PM
Being in first place is like... well, being in first place. :smile:

I hope that the Sox simply enjoy the joy/trauma a pennant race brings... this is what it's all about!

chisox06
08-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Big high five for everyone here! :gulp:. Were the diehards that stick with this team through thick and thin. ALTHOUGH I do recall many a post of throwing in the towel. Still a long way to go but the sox have played good baseball for a long extended period of time. IM excited this can be one dangerous team in the playoffs!

sox_fan_forever
08-08-2003, 11:37 PM
Yes!!! I just got home from work a few minutes ago to this terrific news. I hope you guys appreciate everything I've done for you. *wink* Since I got my job in the middle of June the Sox have done pretty well except for that stretch of losing to Tampa Bay, etc.

:gulp:

WhiteSox = Life
08-08-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
Yes!!! I just got home from work a few minutes ago to this terrific news. I hope you guys appreciate everything I've done for you. *wink* Since I got my job in the middle of June the Sox have done pretty well except for that stretch of losing to Tampa Bay, etc.

Now, don't do anything stupid and get canned.

:D:

sox_fan_forever
08-08-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Now, don't do anything stupid and get canned.

I'll be sure to be a model employee at least until the season (including post season) is over with. :cool:

WhiteSox = Life
08-09-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
I'll be sure to be a model employee at least until the season (including post season) is over with. :cool:

Hope your boss doesn't read this post!

OEO Magglio
08-09-2003, 12:24 AM
one hour and 58 minutes...you gotta be kidding me!!!
Everytime Mulder and Buehrle lock up, it's an extremely quick game, they've matched up 3 times this year each time being less then 2 hours, unbelievable.

cornball
08-09-2003, 12:29 AM
Outstanding job of pitching tonight by Mark, actually both pitchers throwing strikes and the ump calling the game properly behind the plate. seems like the past few weeks the strike zone has been real tight.

Great night 1st place, hopefully to stay!!!!

Thunderstruck30
08-09-2003, 12:41 AM
Anyone know when was the last time the Sox were alone in first place? I know it wasnt this year, possibly April 2002?

Thunderstruck30
08-09-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Anyone know when was the last time the Sox were alone in first place? I know it wasnt this year, possibly April 2002?

Oh whoops, I didnt realize there was another thread saying it was 5-25-02.

WinningUgly!
08-09-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30

Yep. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23036)

doublem23
08-09-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by mike squires
Please, please ladies and gents...If the Royals go on to win a few in a row and the Sox stumble a bit which is likely especially with Garland going tomorrow (I think he's been pitching well lately though) lets not panic. This thing might go back and forth for awhile. I just hope and pray we got a big enough cushion before we go into that last series with KC. I don't think my ticker could take it.

We really wouldn't be good Sox fans if we didn't overreact to every little thing that goes wrong.

:)

Live it up, in first place, for at least one night. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

doogiec
08-09-2003, 10:00 AM
It was awesome to see the White Sox win a playoff calibre game. This was the type of game we lost to Seattle in 2000.

mrwag
08-09-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by doogiec
It was awesome to see the White Sox win a playoff calibre game. This was the type of game we lost to Seattle in 2000.
The difference is the veteran presence on this team versus the 2000 version. You expect this type of outcome when the players are at the level that we have. I love it!

delben91
08-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Woohoo! First place, didn't think it would happen. I love watching the Sox when they're playing to their potential. Keep it up guys, I'm loving it!

Dan H
08-09-2003, 06:21 PM
This the Mark Buehrle the Sox really need. To risk sounding like a Cub fan, this was a playoff type win.