PDA

View Full Version : Miller Park--the tour?

Procol Harum
08-25-2001, 12:38 AM
I'm going up to Mill-wockey tomorrow to catch the Brew Crew and the Rockies--but the main attraction is to see Miller Park. Any of you guys been up to visit it yet, and if so--beside the Sausage Race and Burnitz and Sexson striking out--what sorts of things should I keep an eye out for or go out of my way to check out?

chisoxfanatic
08-25-2001, 12:49 AM
Check out the 'Bridge to Nowhere'...You can't miss it when driving south on the street that is on the lake shore.

There is also the Joan of Arc Chapel, which is right on the Marquette University campus.

Heather the Redbird

Procol Harum
08-25-2001, 12:52 AM
I was actually thinking about the Stadium specifically, H the R. I spent a fair amount of time in Milwaukee back in the day and have attended probably a dozen games over the years at County Stadium (which I was rather fond of). But I know whereof you speak and the "Bridge to Nowhere." Thanx.

MarqSox
08-25-2001, 02:22 AM
I've made about 6 trips to the pseudo-dome. Unless you're sitting on the lower bowl on the infield, you'll notice how considerable portions of the playing field are obscured. This makes Comiskey's design seem incredibly foresighted. Otherwise, be sure to stay for the opening/closing of the roof, which takes place about 10 minutes after the game ends and lasts about 15 minutes. It gets pretty boring the third time you've seen it, but the first time, it is really amazing. Oh, one other thing, before you go into the park, take a stroll around the outfield area. It's really awesome how you can look inside the giant glass walls and see the field from the outside. It's a really cool effect.

PS, I concur with H the R, Marquette's St. Joan of Arc Chapel is the bomb. It's actually the only Medieval structure still being used for its original purpose in all of North America. It was brought over brick by brick from France.

harwar
08-25-2001, 10:40 AM
[i]Originally posted by Procol Harum what sorts of things should I keep an eye out for or go out of my way to check out? [/B]
I know of a good whore house on south 4th street :)

Procol Harum
08-25-2001, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by harwar

I know of a good whore house on south 4th street :)

Had the weather been better we were thinking of hitting the Zoo but this is not quite the sort of indoor educational experience we had in mind, Harwar :)