PDA

View Full Version : KC Signs Appier...Starting Tonight

jabrch
08-08-2003, 11:48 AM
Appier going vs TB. He could easily get shelled. Wouldn't it be funny if the Rays killed both us and the Royals?

"Kevin Appier has been bothered this year by tendinitis in his right elbow, and a recent MRI revealed a 30-percent tear in the tendons attached to the elbow.
And yet Appier calls his elbow ''functional,'' and he'll start tonight for the Royals. It's a favorable matchup with the Devil Rays, but between Appier's 5.63 ERA with Anaheim and this elbow business, steer clear. Source: Kansas City Star "

bobj4400
08-08-2003, 11:59 AM
Appier is a joke...the Rays are going to win again tonight.

adsit
08-08-2003, 04:07 PM
Maybe Dan Quisenberry can come back and pitch for them now...

Appier... God bless him. He was good once.

MHOUSE
08-09-2003, 01:34 AM
Rays have won 8 of 10. With Pinella at the helm who knows what could happen next year or the year after.

koch44
08-09-2003, 01:38 AM
God the Royals must be REALLY desperate for any pitching, if there going to sign a guy with those elbow problems.

fuzzy_patters
08-09-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by adsit
Maybe Dan Quisenberry can come back and pitch for them now...

Appier... God bless him. He was good once.

I am not sure if you were aware or not, but Quisenberry died from a brain tumor a few years ago.

MHOUSE
08-09-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by koch44
God the Royals must be REALLY desperate for any pitching, if there going to sign a guy with those elbow problems.

Where are u going to school? Is that Western Illinois? Tell me how u like it, I'm a HS senior and starting to look into colleges.

koch44
08-09-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Where are u going to school? Is that Western Illinois? Tell me how u like it, I'm a HS senior and starting to look into colleges.

Yep, I'm going to Western, and I really liked it when I visited back in February, nothing much around campus though, but the party's will be great! :gulp:

WindyCityHusker
08-09-2003, 02:04 AM
Washington University in St. Louis!!! I'm leaving for my Freshman year a week from Sunday....but classes dont start for another week and a half. Come visit, awesome school!

doublem23
08-09-2003, 02:08 AM
First off... Western Illinois is a nice school... I have a couple of friends who attend there and they love it to death. And, yeah, the parties there are wild. Oh, and, uh, the studying is good, too. :smile: Also, if you join the Ultimate Frisbee team they have there, you'll run into me when WIU has its monthly (or so) shlackings of Bradley. :smile:

Also, congrats on Washington U. I got accepted there and it was my top choice school, but alas, couldn't pony up the money. But it is a very, very nice campus and a top-notch university.

14 more days until lovely Peoria for me! :smile:

Nellie_Fox
08-09-2003, 02:37 AM
Take a look at Minnesota State, all you Sox fan seniors! You can always come by my office and genuflect before my Sox shrine. The MSU baseball team is one of the better ones in NCAA Division II. Besides, Division I NCAA hockey is a gas, and Minnesota State is in the best hockey conference there is! (/sales pitch)

SoxFanDan
08-09-2003, 03:14 AM
I have one more semester at Univ of Kansas, right in the middle of Royal country. Keep this lead, and it will feel so much better. I cant wait to come home to chicago for law school

adsit
08-09-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
I am not sure if you were aware or not, but Quisenberry died from a brain tumor a few years ago.

I'd forgotten. I don't believe I could deliberately write/say something that cold. My apologies to those I may have offended.

MarkEdward
08-09-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE

Come to John Carroll! We need more Sox fans in Cleveland.

ilsox7
08-09-2003, 12:39 PM
I think there are currently 3 of us Sox fans here in Cleveland. Oh well, it actually is a really nice city (to my surprise). Get to see the Indians tonight for free, too.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Appier didn't pitch badly...five innings, two runs, kept his team in the game.

Certainly better then Danny "I Can't Pitch" Wright (as we'll find out again Monday night in Anaheim.)

Lip