PDA

View Full Version : was koch crying?

southsidegirl
08-08-2003, 10:48 AM
i just looked at the trib and on the front page of the sports, theres a picture of billy koch. i could swear that there's a tear running down his face, but it could just be a smudge in the ink or something. did anyone else see this or am i going nuts???

Hangar18
08-08-2003, 10:55 AM
I hope not. I feel bad for the guy, I know he wants to Win, and
hes having a Miserable season....

southsidegirl
08-08-2003, 11:03 AM
same here....it makes me feel bad to have called him billy kroch. hopefully he can get his velocity up again and find the plate. he was obviously overworked in oakland....

inta
08-08-2003, 11:04 AM
yeah, i feel really bad for the guy.
i also doubt he's crying, at least on the outside, he has an amazingly good attitude towards all his struggles.

FJA
08-08-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by inta
yeah, i feel really bad for the guy.
i also doubt he's crying, at least on the outside, he has an amazingly good attitude towards all his struggles.

It looks like sweat to me ... either way, though, that's was a great article. I'm pulling for him.

mandmandm
08-08-2003, 11:10 AM
There's no crying in baseball!

voodoochile
08-08-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by mandmandm
There's no crying in baseball!

Since Koch never plays I guess it is okay...

harwar
08-08-2003, 11:17 AM
What makes it sad is the fact that White Sox fans are more than ready to get behind this guy 100% if only he could get ANYBODY out.Hes' got a great attitude to pitch on the southside but it just ain't happenin this year.

Clarkdog
08-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by harwar
What makes it sad is the fact that White Sox fans are more than ready to get behind this guy 100% if only he could get ANYBODY out.Hes' got a great attitude to pitch on the southside but it just ain't happenin this year.

Agreed. I like the guy. I'm behind him. He's a gamer, he will find it. When is the question.

He could still win a Rolaids award. Not for saves, but for most consumed by fans during a pitching appearance.

emaholic
08-08-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
He could still win a Rolaids award. Not for saves, but for most consumed by fans during a pitching appearance.

Hahahahaha, good one.

adsit
08-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
Agreed. I like the guy. I'm behind him. He's a gamer, he will find it. When is the question.

I think BK has a better chance of finding his way back this year than we do finding a successful quick-fix "wavier savior." I still can't help but cringe when they call him to the mound, but I've gained some respect for him and his sitch lately.