PDA

View Full Version : Posnanski's partner in idiocy

MarqSox
08-08-2003, 09:46 AM
The way the White Sox launched home runs at Kauffman Stadium this week is reminiscent of those big, slow, homer-happy Red Sox teams of the 1980s, who also had pretty awesome front-line pitching, starting with Roger Clemens. But ask yourself how many championships those Red Sox teams won.

You simply can't win without having the ability to manufacture runs by using methods other than the long ball.

In other words, Royals fans, relax.

To reach Jeffrey Flanagan, call (816) 234-4492 and leave a message, or e-mail him at jflanagan@kcstar.com

I wonder if this dude realizes that Red Sox team came one inning away from winning the World Series?

Jerko
08-08-2003, 10:31 AM
I forgot the Royals were 39 time defending WS champs.

FJA
08-08-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
To reach Jeffrey Flanagan, call (816) 234-4492 and leave a message, or e-mail him at jflanagan@kcstar.com

I wonder if this dude realizes that Red Sox team came one inning away from winning the World Series?

Do you have a link, Marq?

delben91
08-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by FJA
Do you have a link, Marq?

It's at the end of a column that seems unrelated to the Sox except for the blurb that Marq quoted.

All the same, here's a link. (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/columnists/jeffrey_flanagan/6437315.htm)