PDA

View Full Version : burning question....

konerkopeachy
08-07-2003, 05:49 PM
Do opposing teams sign autographs before games?

whitesoxwilkes
08-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Usually during BP if you get there early and there's not a crowd.

Hangar18
08-08-2003, 07:37 AM
If a players in a good mood.....yeah, they'll just walk over to a group of people and start signing things. Maggs in KC did that
near the sox dugout. He was finished working out....saw a bunch of Sox fans waiting around, and abruptly started signing things. my nephew thought that was cool...

mike squires
08-08-2003, 08:00 AM
From what I have seen (I go to 5 or 6 games a year) the opposing team signs pretty regularly however it's not usually a big name player. You'll see alot of Cory Koski type players signing alot. I can't remember the last visiting player i've gotten. I really wish I would have requested Tony Pena when he was having fun with his players recently. I would really like Lou Pinella's sometime. About 4 years ago I wore my Mariner jerzey to try and get Lou's attention. I yelled out to him requesting his autograph (in a nice way) he just looked at me for about 4 seconds and kept walking into the dugout. A little fantasy I have is to tape a pen to the ball with a note attached saying "be a sweety lou and sign my ball" Then I get the ball back with it saying "i'm not a ****en sweety. My first autograph ever was opposing player Rich Gedman of the Red Sox in '83.