PDA

View Full Version : Lower Deck Sold Out for Saturday's Game

Foulke You
08-07-2003, 05:06 PM
Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up. I just went to the Comiskey box office at lunch today (Thursday) to get tickets for Saturday. I got four tickets and best available was Upper Deck Box, Section 548 Row 14. Looks like we will be having another sellout on Saturday if it doesn't rain.

:lynch&mcfail
"What's this? I thought they only sold out when the Cubs came there! I'll make some phone calls...Another article in the Tribune about fights in the stands should do the trick...perhaps we can have them do another feature on 'Sox Fans' William Ligue and Erik Dybas?"

:boston
"This team really should have been contracted."

FJA
08-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Wow ... I'm pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't think you'd have a huge walk-up on a Saturday, though, so it might not sell out. It will be really close, though. For UD Box, the best I can pull up now (5:15 Thursday) is section 514. I'm still pulling up 531 for UD Reserved, so it's a way to go for a sellout.

I know Friday pretty much has no shot to sell-out, but hopefully it will be bigger than some of the non-Cub Friday crowds we have come to know ... I've been to three or four Friday night games and the attendance has just been awful.

emaholic
08-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Wow. Luckily my friend was able to get 3 tickets in the lower deck a few days ago.

Foulke You
08-07-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by emaholic
Wow. Luckily my friend was able to get 3 tickets in the lower deck a few days ago.

As of yesterday afternoon during the Royals game, I could still call up Lower Deck Box and Reserve tickets about 19 rows up. Today, only Upper Deck is available. I'm thinking the Sox sold a bunch of tickets after they beat KC in the afternoon. Win and they will come. Last year, I didn't sit in the Upper Deck once. This Saturday will be my 4th of the last 5 games I've attended that I'm sitting in the 500 level. I'm happy the Sox are drawing better but I miss my outfield seats. :(:

bobj4400
08-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Wow ... I'm pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't think you'd have a huge walk-up on a Saturday, though, so it might not sell out. It will be really close, though. For UD Box, the best I can pull up now (5:15 Thursday) is section 514. I'm still pulling up 531 for UD Reserved, so it's a way to go for a sellout.

I know Friday pretty much has no shot to sell-out, but hopefully it will be bigger than some of the non-Cub Friday crowds we have come to know ... I've been to three or four Friday night games and the attendance has just been awful.

Going tomorrow night for a patio party, then sitting in the bleachers. Hopefully the fans will come thru...nothing better than Comiskey when there is a big crowd.

Gonna hit Jimbo's before as well...