PDA

View Full Version : this weekend's matchups

longshot7
08-07-2003, 03:17 PM
anyone got the pitching matchups for this weekend? Are we going to skip Wright because of the day off? That leaves who? Garland, Buehrle, & who?

FJA
08-07-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by longshot7
anyone got the pitching matchups for this weekend? Are we going to skip Wright because of the day off? That leaves who? Garland, Buehrle, & who?

Friday: Buehrle v. Mulder

Sat.: Garland v. Lilly

Sun. Loaiza v. Harden

longshot7
08-07-2003, 03:37 PM
thanks. I like that. 2 of 3 IMO.

rahulsekhar
08-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Yikes. I'm scared in 2 of 3, and even the 3d (Garland v. Lilly) could be a tossup depending on whether we see good Jon (who we've seen for most of the year) or mediocre Jon (from Monday).

Harden's been pretty dominant so far. He is a rook, so could be due for a shelling, but even with Loaiza on the mound that one could be tough if we only get 2 runs.

And while I like Buehrle, Mulder's Mulder and IMO is one of the top guys in the AL.

Winning game 1 would be HUGE to put presure on Lilly and give us some mo.

CHISOXFAN13
08-07-2003, 04:05 PM
Zito just lost 3-2 to the vaunted 4-15 Jeremy Bonderman.

Oakland's offense is average at best.

2 of 3!!

JJAustin69
08-07-2003, 04:17 PM
I am tired of Oakland coming in here acting like they own the place. I remember a game in 2001 whan Zito was in the dugout screaming at Buehrle after Buehrle (obviously unintentionally) hit an Oakland batter. Buehrle should have drilled two more just to send a message that you don't come in to our house and start throwing your weight around. These A's need to hear the message that we just sent KC.

SoxxoS
08-07-2003, 04:20 PM
You can bet KW wants this series...and BAD. The treadmill is going to be in full form this weekend with all the ongoings with Billy Beane.

Ideally, we would win the first two and beat Foulke in the bottom of the 9th to win by 1 run.

FJA
08-07-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
And while I like Buehrle, Mulder's Mulder and IMO is one of the top guys in the AL.

Mulder's ERA away from Oakland is nearly three runs higher than his ERA in Oakland. Advantage Buehrle, IMO. Harden is due for a shelling, but guess who sucks against young pitchers they've never seen? This is a toss-up ... I find it very hard to believe Harden isn't going to be shelled sooner or later, and why not us? If we're still home run happy and we score a few runs on him that way, who knows if he'll cave like many young pitchers do ...

There is no reason we shouldn't be able to beat Lilly unless the "one really, really bad inning" Garland shows up. We beat Lilly pretty badly earlier in the year.

Foulke You
08-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by JJAustin69
I am tired of Oakland coming in here acting like they own the place. I remember a game in 2001 whan Zito was in the dugout screaming at Buehrle after Buehrle (obviously unintentionally) hit an Oakland batter. Buehrle should have drilled two more just to send a message that you don't come in to our house and start throwing your weight around. These A's need to hear the message that we just sent KC.

Actually, it was Tim Hudson who was screaming at Buehrle in that game last year but I definitely agree with your sentiment. It's time to paste Oakland in our park and show them this isn't the same White Sox team. This series against Oakland is huge considering KC is going to be duking it out with the "vaunted" Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

FJA
08-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Actually, it was Tim Hudson who was screaming at Buehrle in that game last year but I definitely agree with your sentiment. It's time to paste Oakland in our park and show them this isn't the same White Sox team. This series against Oakland is huge considering KC is going to be duking it out with the "vaunted" Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Tampa Bay is not a joke ... they are probably one average bat and some luck away from being about the same team as KC ... the pitching on both teams is equally bad, and both teams play hard. KC will be making a big mistake if they take the Devil Rays lightly (see White Sox, July 4-6).

I can see KC and TB splitting the series ... any more would be a gift.

JJAustin69
08-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Actually, it was Tim Hudson who was screaming at Buehrle in that game last year but I definitely agree with your sentiment. It's time to paste Oakland in our park and show them this isn't the same White Sox team. This series against Oakland is huge considering KC is going to be duking it out with the "vaunted" Tampa Bay Devil Rays. That's right, it was Hudson. That's what I meant to say. Anyway, I remember thinking that that was pretty bold talk from someone who doesn't have to come to the plate. He probably wouldn't be so mouthy in the NL. Buehrle should have drilled their DH and let the chips fall where they may.