PDA

View Full Version : Two for One Ticket Package?


anewman35
08-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Anybody hear of this thing? A guy just came around to my office, and for $22 sold me this package that gets me 2 free lower deck box tickets, and 15 buy one get one free coupons, all good the rest of the regular season. It seems like a really good deal, and it all seems legit, I just wanted to see if anybody else has seen anything like this and make sure I wasn't gettig ripped off. Have they ever done this before?

Hangar18
08-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Dont Worry....was the guy named Mike Nettoli?? This is a LEGIT
little deal. They came by our office a Few weeks ago.....and theres a few guys that are SOX FANS here, and THEY ALL LOVED THE DEAL. He made quite a sale, like 8 people bought this package. I wouldve bought the deal he had If I hadnt already had my Tickets for this year already. The fellas here all have used some of these vouchers already.... Have At It man.

Hangar18
08-07-2003, 02:45 PM
In Fact...if anyone else is interested in this little Dealio.....
I can post that guys ph number here.... Hes in the White Sox Sales Dept. One of the best Deals Ive seen in some time, and Kudos to the SOX for actively seeking out SOX fans to get them in the park.

Eddie Gaedel
08-07-2003, 03:00 PM
you can gat additional info about the ticket coupon books here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/schedule/cws_schedule_specials.jsp)

mandmandm
08-07-2003, 03:16 PM
Just ordered mine. Before I spread the word to others, the two upfront free tickets are lower deck box?

bobj4400
08-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Just ordered mine. Before I spread the word to others, the two upfront free tickets are lower deck box?

Yes...My dad and I went to the Sox-DRays game last Sunday and used the free LD Box tickets. It is a great promotion.

FarmerAndy
08-07-2003, 03:22 PM
My friend just got one of those at his work. Can you use the coupons at the box office, or do you have to use the order form in the coupon book? Anybody know?

bobj4400
08-07-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
My friend just got one of those at his work. Can you use the coupons at the box office, or do you have to use the order form in the coupon book? Anybody know?

I just brought the coupons to the ticket window. Worked fine.

mandmandm
08-07-2003, 03:25 PM
Sales rep said only restriction is you can not purchase tickets over the phone.

brewcrew/chisox
08-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
My friend just got one of those at his work. Can you use the coupons at the box office, or do you have to use the order form in the coupon book? Anybody know?


You can use them at the boxoffice.
I have a good story about this actually.

I'm on the el, and this guy sits next to me, and in his hands is the same ticket deal we are all talking about. Now, I notice the coupons, point to them and ask him where he got em from...you know, just like a casual offhand inquiry.

Well this guy says, "I'm sorry but I don't speak English".

And I say ok, and figured end of conversation right? Well, about two minutes go by and he's still looking at these things, and then turns over to me and says, "I am Cub's fan". And I don't quite hear him because of the train and his broken English so I ask him to repeat what he's saying.

And he says, "I like Cub's, so I don't want this. Here."

And sure enough he hands me the damn coupons....all of them...the half price Tickets, the two free lower level tickets" I couldn't friggn believe it. The first part of me was like, "Hey guy are you stupid or what? Are sure you want to give me this buddy?" and the other part of me told me to just keep my mouth shut, thank the guy and get off the friggn train.

I listened to the latter part of me, and now I have this damn coupon book.

True story
:)

mandmandm
08-07-2003, 03:41 PM
And to think that he missed out on picking fights with Sox fans and getting pummeled by security.

Rocky Soprano
08-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Hey I want in on this. Where can I contact this guy?

dllrbll7
08-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Just ordered mine but im pissed i didnt find out about it earlier i could have saved soo much money

Dadawg_77
08-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by brewcrew/chisox
You can use them at the boxoffice.
I have a good story about this actually.

I'm on the el, and this guy sits next to me, and in his hands is the same ticket deal we are all talking about. Now, I notice the coupons, point to them and ask him where he got em from...you know, just like a casual offhand inquiry.

Well this guy says, "I'm sorry but I don't speak English".

And I say ok, and figured end of conversation right? Well, about two minutes go by and he's still looking at these things, and then turns over to me and says, "I am Cub's fan". And I don't quite hear him because of the train and his broken English so I ask him to repeat what he's saying.

And he says, "I like Cub's, so I don't want this. Here."

And sure enough he hands me the damn coupons....all of them...the half price Tickets, the two free lower level tickets" I couldn't friggn believe it. The first part of me was like, "Hey guy are you stupid or what? Are sure you want to give me this buddy?" and the other part of me told me to just keep my mouth shut, thank the guy and get off the friggn train.

I listened to the latter part of me, and now I have this damn coupon book.

True story
:)


I love the fact the all quotes are in english but the speaker claims to not speak english.

Dadawg_77
08-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Hey I want in on this. Where can I contact this guy?

The White Sox web page has a number to call. Does anyone know if you could use more then one coupon for a single game?

kittle42
08-07-2003, 04:02 PM
I just ordered one of these. I hope there's no catch! I wish I could have gotten it in time for this weekend.

CHISOXFAN13
08-07-2003, 05:09 PM
Knowing that there would be a big crowd Tuesday, I went to the box office Monday rather than wait for the morning with my Pepsi products. I bought 12 tickets and used 6 of the coupons.

I've used two more more coupons three times and have saved a boatload of cash already.

I love this!!

FJA
08-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Knowing that there would be a big crowd Tuesday, I went to the box office Monday rather than wait for the morning with my Pepsi products. I bought 12 tickets and used 6 of the coupons.

I've used two more more coupons three times and have saved a boatload of cash already.

I love this!!

Can you use these coupons in conjunction with half-price days, essentially making them quarter-price days if you go with another person??? It's a steal anyway, but that would be ridiculous.

Foulke You
08-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Wow. I find this out after I laid down $80.00 for four tickets for this Saturday's game. DOH!! Oh well, I'm going to buy this for sure. I plan on going to a couple of the Angels series and the Red Sox in early September. Great promotion.

anewman35
08-07-2003, 06:40 PM
The only question is, why hasn't this been promoted more? Had anybody noticed it on the website before today?

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-07-2003, 07:17 PM
I noticed it a week ago on whitesox.com, a rep also went to where my dad works and talked to him about it

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Yep, I bought two of these last week guy stopped into mah work.

sox_fan_forever
08-08-2003, 12:53 AM
This is a great promotion! I wish I had heard about it earlier. Is this something they have done in the past? I take it the answer is no since this seems new to everyone here. Hopefully they have it again next year.... :smile:

DonkeyKongerko
08-08-2003, 03:56 AM
I'm taking it this promotion is fairly new. I hope to see this at the beginning of next season because they would get a ton more buyers. I can't see how this is a great revenue booster unless everyone and their mother buys it.

irish rover
08-08-2003, 08:23 AM
the Brewers did something similar this year at the begining. Diff was that you got 2 Club level tickets with thiers and it only cost $20. They also went door to door in MIL, Racine and Kenosha. Not sure if they did it here. I live in Bridgeport but I've been gone on vacation so not sure if they walked around the area either

If you want to call, the number is 847-439-3860

steff
08-08-2003, 08:43 AM
My dad bought them the day of the All Star game. No strings other then you can't order over the phone.

For those of you going Saturday, don't forget about the tailgate in lot E.

clucch
08-08-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by irish rover
the Brewers did something similar this year at the begining. Diff was that you got 2 Club level tickets with thiers and it only cost $20. They also went door to door in MIL, Racine and Kenosha. Not sure if they did it here. I live in Bridgeport but I've been gone on vacation so not sure if they walked around the area either

If you want to call, the number is 847-439-3860


They were selling these packages door to door in my neighborhood yesterday.

FlaSoxxJim
08-08-2003, 06:09 PM
I bought one of these sheets for my Dad outside of Jimbo's when I was in for the ASG. I couldn't believe the offer was legit, but the full-color sheet looked too well done to be a scam, and for less than $30 I took a chance. Dad called me from the park before Tuesday's game and said it was legit and he was sitting in good seats he gotusing the freebie vouchers.

gosox3072
08-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Can you get these books at the sox box office

Dadawg_77
08-09-2003, 08:36 PM
I don't think so. The Sox didn't put the book together but separate marketing company did. They probably get a good portion if not all of the purchase price, and the Sox get increased rev from more ticket sales.

gosox3072
08-09-2003, 08:41 PM
Is there a way to get one for tommarow's game, or is there some one who will let me use 2 of thier coupons for tommarows game?

kevingrt
08-09-2003, 10:56 PM
You can use them anytime you want!

ewokpelts
08-10-2003, 05:58 PM
....i havent seen any restrictions listed on teh coupons for teh monday games...but i have a feeling you wont be able to use them like that...but it is a sweet deal..and you gott alove two ldb tix for 22 bucks, even if you dont use teh half off tix...
Gene