PDA

View Full Version : My same old beef

LongDistanceFan
08-24-2001, 10:17 PM
Why can't the Sox get some of these young foreign players that will only cause the team cash. Sea got what could've been a top 10 prospect if he was drafted from Asia for cash he is tearing up the league in hitting and can pitch in the middle 90's. There is another youngster from again Asia who pitches in the high 90's and is 17 yo, all it will cause is cash. How bout some of the young South American kids.

Second beef, why can't the Sox sign their own draft choice esp the 2 great prospect cat that they drafted the last 2 yrs?

We have NO cat prospects or ss prospects.

Daver
08-24-2001, 10:24 PM
:reinsy

You trying to say I'm cheap?

Jerry_Manuel
08-24-2001, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
Why can't the Sox get some of these young foreign players that will only cause the team cash, all it will cause is cash

See a pattern here?
$$$$$$$$

FarWestChicago
08-24-2001, 10:28 PM
You trying to say I'm cheap?

I think that may be what LDF is implying, and I would say he hit the nail on the head.

Daver
08-24-2001, 10:33 PM
:reinsy

I'm not cheap,if there were some butts in the seats we could do a lot more,but all I see is a sea of blue seats.

LongDistanceFan
08-24-2001, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

I think that may be what LDF is implying, and I would say he hit the nail on the head.

What bugs me is that we will loose ray b/c of cash and we need a ss and a cat prospect really bad.

Beside the pitching, hummell, borchard and crede, we really don't have anything else. Do we?

Jerry_Manuel
08-24-2001, 10:42 PM
Beside the pitching, hummell, borchard and crede, we really don't have anything else. Do we?

At catcher we have Miguel Olivo who is in AA.

LongDistanceFan
08-24-2001, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

At catcher we have Miguel Olivo who is in AA.

Another Josh Paul but with a arm. imo

FarWestChicago
08-24-2001, 10:46 PM

Another Josh Paul but with a arm. imo

Olivo does seem to have a little trouble hitting, even with a corked bat.

:slowswing

I think it's because he didn't use Albert Belle brand cork. It's the finest in the land.

LongDistanceFan
08-24-2001, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

Olivo does seem to have a little trouble hitting, even with a corked bat.

:slowswing

I think it's because he didn't use Albert Belle brand cork. It's the finest in the land.

That is really funny, i wish i thought of it

chisoxfanatic
08-24-2001, 11:43 PM
You know, Reinsdork is much like Bill Gates here! You see, my sister went to Microsoft for an internship this summer and had the privilege of having a dinner at the Gates Estate. What was she served? If you guessed gourmet food, guess again! He is so cheap, he served pizza and burgers!

And I guess Reinsdork kinda LOOKS LIKE Gates as well!

Heather the Redbird

FarWestChicago
08-24-2001, 11:51 PM
You know, Reinsdork is much like Bill Gates here! You see, my sister went to Microsoft for an internship this summer and had the privilege of having a dinner at the Gates Estate. What was she served? If you guessed gourmet food, guess again! He is so cheap, he served pizza and burgers!

That's hysterical. As a long term member of the high tech community I can tell you pizza is usually the choice for catered lunches. But, at the Gates Estate, LOL!!

Nellie_Fox
08-25-2001, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

I've seen "gourmet food." A couple of quarter size pieces of meat, three string beans, with a little sauce drizzled over them in a very attractive pattern. Give me pizza and burgers over "gourmet food" any day.

idseer
08-25-2001, 02:33 PM
why do we have no catching or ss prospects? probably because we are overloaded with pitching prospects.

everything tends to balance out in the long run.

LongDistanceFan
08-25-2001, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by idseer
why do we have no catching or ss prospects? probably because we are overloaded with pitching prospects.

everything tends to balance out in the long run.

Having the pitching is great, lets take last yr as an example, the sox drafted a cat a ss and a of in the 3,4 5 rounds and a real great prospect of a pitcher in the 9 round. What happen we lose the of and cat and the pit. The cat was rated as the second best catching pospect of the draft. The of was a surprise a potential 4 tool of. The pit was a junior in college and was suppose to have been a 1 rounder but was hurt and he dropped in the draft.

The yr before, they drafted a another great potential cat, who should've been drafted in the 1 round, but wasn't.

All it would've taken is money. How bout some of the kids that they the sox could've sign but didn't. Wasn't even in the running for some of these asian or south american players.

We need to address the problems of positional players soon. We only have Hummel and crede as our future postional player.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2001, 06:03 PM

We need to address the problems of positional players soon. We only have Hummel and crede as our future postional player.

I suppose there is method to the Sox madness drafting all those pitching prospects. In theory they should be able to trade their excess pitching for whatever positional players they need to fill gaps in the roster. Everybody is desperate for pitching, right?

"In theory, I'm a general manager who has a clue."
:KW

Jerry_Manuel
08-25-2001, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I suppose there is method to the Sox madness drafting all those pitching prospects. In theory they should be able to trade their excess pitching for whatever positional players they need to fill gaps in the roster. Everybody is desperate for pitching, right?

Well the problem is when we draft good catchers, WE DON'T SIGN THEM! I'm no baseball expert but that's not good.