PDA

View Full Version : Days Off

Hokiesox
08-07-2003, 08:34 AM
I know lots of people have analyzed the remaining schedules for the top 3 teams in the Central. But, nobody has taken into account off days. Looking at the Royals and White Sox, we have two more off days than they do. I'm guessing they may even have to play a couple double headers to make up for it. Furthermore, they have to play Arizona in a make up game in middle September. Who woulda thought an NL team could have an impact on an AL divisional race?

Anyway, does anyone else feel good about us having more days off and fewer double headers? I sure do.

LuvSox
08-07-2003, 08:48 AM
:jerry

There's not enough days off in a season. But don't you worry HokieSox, I'll make sure our guys get plenty of rest. Now let's get back top the ketchup/mustard debate!

delben91
08-07-2003, 08:52 AM
It's always a plus to avoid double-headers. It's very difficult to sweep one of those, with splits very common. I think I read once someplace that 80% of double-headers are split, but I don't have a link to back that up.

The more days off, the harder it is for Jerry to totally screw up the bullpen. I'll take it.