PDA

View Full Version : More bad news for the Royals:

ChiSox14305635
08-06-2003, 11:09 PM
Michael Tucker will be out 6-8 weeks. That ball he fouled off his leg actually broke it. Tough break for KC, but they get Sweeney back so I don't feel too sorry for them.

MHOUSE
08-07-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
Michael Tucker will be out 6-8 weeks. That ball he fouled off his leg actually broke it. Tough break for KC, but they get Sweeney back so I don't feel too sorry for them.

Tucker is a good player, but he's not a big key for them or anything. Sweeney, Ibanez, and Beltran are the big three.

JJAustin69
08-07-2003, 01:01 AM
That leg was obviously broken. The Royals just delayed the announcement until this series was over.

JJAustin69
08-07-2003, 01:02 AM
The Royals injuries are kind of piling up.

Nellie_Fox
08-07-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by JJAustin69
That leg was obviously broken. The Royals just delayed the announcement until this series was over. Why in the world would they do that? Did they think the Sox would be fooled into thinking he was available to play?

ESPN said that while the X-ray was negative, they didn't buy it because he couldn't put any weight on the leg, so they sent him for an MRI. Apparently, the MRI showed the break. I don't see any skullduggery here.

JJAustin69
08-07-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Why in the world would they do that? Did they think the Sox would be fooled into thinking he was available to play?

ESPN said that while the X-ray was negative, they didn't buy it because he couldn't put any weight on the leg, so they sent him for an MRI. Apparently, the MRI showed the break. I don't see any skullduggery here. Your probably right Nellie, I thought maybe they didn't want to demoralize the other Royals during this crucial series. Could be reading too much into it.

jcw218
08-07-2003, 01:49 AM
While listening to the game today I heard that the Royals will also be losing starter Kyle Snyder to injury as well. He was placed on the 15 day DL with shoulder tightness and could possibly be done for the season.

34 Inch Stick
08-07-2003, 11:02 AM
And their bullpen (especially Grimsley) is way overused. I expect a serious September swoon from the Royals. I have a real fear of Minnesota and its very easy schedule.

jabrch
08-07-2003, 11:25 AM
and now they are resigning Kevin Appier who is about 52... They have an easy schedule ahead, but the injuries are piling up. Sweeney still isn't right and may not be back to 100% for a while. I hate to see good guys get injured. By all accounts, Sweeney and Tucker are both good guys... Ken Harvey will have to step up... I hope the Sox (and KCs opponents) can take advantage of that.