PDA

View Full Version : Royals Injury / News / Quotes

Lip Man 1
08-06-2003, 09:17 PM
The Sporting News radio network reported tonight that Michael Tucker has a broken bone in his leg and will miss six to eight weeks.....

The Royals picked up Kevin Appier and his big contract through waivers today. He's the 4th pitcher acquired by them in the past month...

Here's an interesting quote courtesy of Ken Harvey to the AP:

"These games are meaningful, don't get me wrong, but they're not that much that we're going to bang our heads."

Lip

hold2dibber
08-06-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The Sporting News radio network reported tonight that Michael Tucker has a broken bone in his leg and will miss six to eight weeks.....

The Royals picked up Kevin Appier and his big contract through waivers today. He's the 4th pitcher acquired by them in the past month...

Here's an interesting quote courtesy of Ken Harvey to the AP:

"These games are meaningful, don't get me wrong, but they're not that much that we're going to bang our heads."

Lip

I was at the game Monday when Tucker fouled that ball off his leg, and you could tell from his reaction that it was pretty serious. Frankly, however, I don't think the Royals will miss him too much.

The Appier pick up is a good one from them - low risk (the Angels are paying him) and as lousy as he has been this year, he was damn good last year and has had his moments this year. Certainly worth a shot - just like Lima was - but still a long shot to make a difference for them.

And the Harvey quote doesn't bother me. I think Pena is a damn good manager and that he keeps that team believing, no matter what. They're still up a game and I have no doubt that no matter what happens, the Royals aren't giving up.