PDA

View Full Version : Oakland

KempersRS
08-24-2001, 09:41 PM
The A's are starting to crumble just a little. The Sox really should have beaten the A's, because their pitching has been a little weaker lately. The Sox hit up Hudson and Mulder and now Hudson and Mulder have once again had subpar starts back to back. They lost 3 straight to the Tribe and now are losing to the Tigers. If the pitching loses what it once had, they could fall flat. Boston is playing a little better and Pedro is coming back. Don't pencil in Oakland just yet.

Tragg
08-24-2001, 09:47 PM
There have been at least 6 series since mid-June that we collectively said, it's a must win in order for us to be in the race. Each time we failed.

Yet, despite that, we still are in this thing, albeit by the hair of our chinny chin chin.

Man, if we could have won 3 of those series we would be right there. As it is, we shoulda won both the at seattle and at anaheim series. And, as you said, Oakland is falling back and they had come off of a series defeat prior to our series with them

But, as jim mora said "woulda, coulda, shoulda" don't mean squat.

FarWestChicago
08-24-2001, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
The A's are starting to crumble just a little. The Sox really should have beaten the A's, because their pitching has been a little weaker lately. The Sox hit up Hudson and Mulder and now Hudson and Mulder have once again had subpar starts back to back. They lost 3 straight to the Tribe and now are losing to the Tigers. If the pitching loses what it once had, they could fall flat. Boston is playing a little better and Pedro is coming back. Don't pencil in Oakland just yet.

Yeah, my A's buddies are getting worried. I hadn't seen them since we got swept because I was out of the country. My right hand guy was bumming today. I told him we should have beaten them twice. He didn't even have the energy to argue. He agreed. He said he would die if they lost tonight. I hope he doesn't. He's my best employee.