PDA

View Full Version : Do Sox have it in for Billy Koch?

ghostfacesox
08-06-2003, 05:27 PM
I couldn't help but wonder if Magglio's bobble of that hit last night was an attempt to send a message. It's almost as if his teammates hate his guts. I meen this is Magglio we are talking about and his all star glove. Could it be another reason Koch has been relegated to a more cheerleader role? What do you think?
Besides the usual he throws straight, batting practice, fall of the mound, etc...

CLR01
08-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by ghostfacesox
I couldn't help but wonder if Magglio's bobble of that hit last night was an attempt to send a message. It's almost as if his teammates hate his guts. I meen this is Magglio we are talking about and his all star glove. Could it be another reason Koch has been relegated to a more cheerleader role? What do you think?
Besides the usual he throws straight, batting practice, fall of the mound, etc...

You need some...

:prozac

MarqSox
08-06-2003, 05:43 PM
I agree with CLR ...

I'm trying to put this as nicely as I can ... reading the boards the last couple weeks has really made me question the intelligence of a great many Sox fans. And I really feel like an A-hole saying that, because I know I've said some dumb things in the past ... but there's been some really wacked out posts here lately.

hold2dibber
08-06-2003, 05:53 PM

That's the most absurd thing I've ever read on this sight. First, from all reports, Koch is a great teammate and is well liked in the clubhouse (as was true of his teammates in Toronto and Oakland). Second, Magglio is a class act and would never intentionally drop a ball in that situation just because he didn't lik the guy on the mound. It is quite a leap of logic, to put it mildly, to conclude that Magglio and all of his teammates must hate Billy Koch just because Magglio couldn't make the play on a difficult, but makeable, play.

TornLabrum
08-06-2003, 05:54 PM

This is so absurd it should be a call to Mike North.

OEO Magglio
08-06-2003, 06:02 PM
That was a very tough play for Maggs yesterday, and I believe most guys in this clubhouse really like this guy, in the clubhouse I guarantee you he's more liked then hated.

pudge
08-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
I agree with CLR ...

I'm trying to put this as nicely as I can ... reading the boards the last couple weeks has really made me question the intelligence of a great many Sox fans. And I really feel like an A-hole saying that, because I know I've said some dumb things in the past ... but there's been some really wacked out posts here lately.

The bottom line is, there are going to be idiotic fans of ALL teams. You just can't avoid it. But I think we rank high in terms of caring for our team and wanting them to win because of the fact that we live in a two-team town and haven't won a thing since 1917. Other fans consider their teams "lovable losers" but I don't think we ever have.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-06-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
This is so absurd it should be a call to Mike North.

Wow, that's really hitting below the belt, Torn!

:)

:ass
"Whattaya mean a call to my show? Hell, I'll offer it as my own theory! The more crackpot my opinions, the more idiots... errr... listeners I get!!!

chisoxt
08-06-2003, 06:45 PM

Not to pile on the originator of this thread, but I have a theory relative to fandom, and that is when a team plays better all types of fans, casual and otherwise crawl out of the woodwork. Conversely, when a team is losing, the less knowledgable fans could care less.

So, the good news is that the Sox are winning (now). But the bad is that we have to be patient with stuff like this.

kevingrt
08-06-2003, 06:50 PM

Maggs and all-star glove don't match...

AMestan
08-07-2003, 12:05 AM
The ball hit off Koch was a bullet. Mags, Paul Blair, Landis, whoever, would have a hard time with that ball. Your comment makes no sense.

Thunderstruck30
08-07-2003, 12:08 AM
No offense but that was just stupid. Magglio is a team player, he wouldnt purposely drop a ball just so Manuel will take out the pitcher. It was a tough play anyway. I think he couldve cought it but it was still a tough play.