PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Suppan's line

gosox41
08-06-2003, 09:23 AM
Here is how he pitched on Tuesday night.

IP H R ER BB SO NP
5 7 7 7 1 4 103

It's only one game so it's clearly not a fair sample size, but I thought Suppan has been pitching over his head this season. Hopefully the law of averages will kick in and his solid first half will be followed by a worse the normal second half. Assuming the Sox make the playoffs (which is a big assumption) I think I'd rather be playing the A's then the Red Sox.

Bob

SoxxoS
08-06-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by gosox41 I think I'd rather be playing the A's then the Red Sox.

That is a tough call-
You want to face Mulder, Hudson and Zito in a 5 game series? But their offense is something to be desired.

Or we can face Boston who is loaded offensively, but their pitching isn't all that great.

Pitching neutralizes hitting, so I think I would rather play the BoSox. Our top 3 are no slouches.

gosox41
08-06-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
That is a tough call-
You want to face Mulder, Hudson and Zito in a 5 game series? But their offense is something to be desired.

Or we can face Boston who is loaded offensively, but their pitching isn't all that great.

Pitching neutralizes hitting, so I think I would rather play the BoSox. Our top 3 are no slouches.

It's a tough call. The idea of having to face Pedro twice in a 5 game series (which the Sox most likely won't have to do if Boston wins the Wild Card) or face Pedro 3 times in a 7 game series scares me. Plus, like you mentioned, the BoSox have a great offense and it will be easier to contain the A's offensively and the Red Sox.

Bob

Lip Man 1
08-06-2003, 10:52 AM
Let's hope the Sox get the chance to have to face that issue!

Lip

SoxxoS
08-06-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
It's a tough call. The idea of having to face Pedro twice in a 5 game series (which the Sox most likely won't have to do if Boston wins the Wild Card) or face Pedro 3 times in a 7 game series scares me. Plus, like you mentioned, the BoSox have a great offense and it will be easier to contain the A's offensively and the Red Sox.

Bob

No team with Pedro has won the World Series yet, so hopefully that will continue.