spanishwhite
08-06-2003, 02:43 AM
Can we not skip him?

This is not a favorable matchup.

Buehrle hasn't been his typical self, but it would give
us a better chance.

DonkeyKongerko
08-06-2003, 02:57 AM
We should be skipping him if JM adheres to the Buehrle every 5 days rule.

jabrch
08-06-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by spanishwhite
Can we not skip him?

Not a bad idea...I just don't want to wear out my SPs arms...at the same time, throwing Wrong out there wears out my bullpen's arms....

Tough call. I wish we could get a 5th starter somehow. Looks like KC is gonna get Appier. I don't think there is much we can do at this point other than run with what we have. I don't want to bring up a rookie right now.

34 Inch Stick
08-06-2003, 09:17 AM
I read Wright's next start is scheduled for the 12th which means he will be skipped during the A's series.

bobj4400
08-06-2003, 09:31 AM
tentative pitching matchups for the weekend:

buehrle v. mulder
garland v. lilly
loaiza v. harden

two out of three is necessary...

Mighty4
08-06-2003, 09:31 AM
I kind of wish Wright vs. Mulder was Sunday, since that's going to be the day we have our Junior Varsity lineup in and will probably lose anyway. AT least that way JM will only tank the last game of the series instead of the last 2 like vs. Seattle.

gosox41
08-06-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
tentative pitching matchups for the weekend:

buehrle v. mulder
garland v. lilly
loaiza v. harden

two out of three is necessary...

I'm not to optimistic going into this series. Mulder and Lilly always pitch well agains the Sox and Harden has been lights out.

Bob

Iwritecode
08-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
Harden has been lights out.

Two out of his three wins have come against Cleveland and Detroit... His first win came agains the free-falling Angels. He very well may be the real deal but I'd like to see him pitch against a few decent teams first. If the Sox offense is still clicking when they see him, it could be interesting.

Lip Man 1
08-06-2003, 10:43 AM
He is the real deal and you know how the Sox do against pitchers they've never seen before.

Lip

Paulwny
08-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
He is the real deal and you know how the Sox do against pitchers they've never seen before.

Lip

Do we have advance scouts or is it a too expensive luxury for JR ?

gosox41
08-06-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Do we have advance scouts or is it a too expensive luxury for JR ?

I think the Sox advance scouts are feeding stats. to JM so he can make more inane tinering moves.

Bob

spanishwhite
08-06-2003, 01:32 PM

Lip

He might be the real deal, but he posted a 3+ ERA in AAA
and currently has a 1+ ERA now.

He's due to be lit up.

FoulTerritory
08-06-2003, 01:43 PM

Lip

I was just considering that factor too. I mean, if you figure that the sox are generally abysmal against pitchers they've never seen even if said pitcher is bad, then you have to figure facing a guy as good as Harden for the first time . . . well, a no-hitter is not out of the question.

delben91
08-06-2003, 02:02 PM

Lip

So occasionally a "can't miss kid" actually pans out?

(sorry Lip, had to say it :gulp: )