PDA

View Full Version : KW's on AM radio 1000 right now

gosox41
08-05-2003, 04:28 PM
He's saying he's bitter about last night's loss.

Bob

gosox41
08-05-2003, 04:31 PM
KW supports decision to take out JG last night. What a fool.

Bob

RKMeibalane
08-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by gosox41

Bob

Who exactly does Williams blame for what happened last night? Everyone and their mother is pointing the finger at Jerry Manuel because of his decision to take Garland out of the game. Why on Earth would Williams side with Manuel on this issue?

The only possibility that I can think of is that Reinsdorf told Williams to keep his mouth shut about the Garland decision. If that's the case, then it looks like the Chairman is back to playing his sick little games.

:selljerry

bobj4400
08-05-2003, 04:33 PM

Bob

What else can he say? He cant question Tinkerbell's moves on the radio...Tinkerbell would lose the little ounce of respect the players have left for him.

A.T. Money
08-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
What else can he say? He cant question Tinkerbell's moves on the radio...Tinkerbell would lose the little ounce of respect the players have left for him.

Yeah. You don't need any more crap hitting the fan because someone says something to the media. I'm sure KW feels the same way we do.

gosox41
08-05-2003, 04:37 PM
KW also said that they had problems with last night's HP umpire and are talking care of it with the league. He won't comment on any thing else because he said he doesn't want to be fined.

He also sees Lee as a 35HR 135RBI guy as "the bottom side" of his potential.

Says Koch is only needed for the 7th inning.

Wants to grow his hair back soon.

Bob

TornLabrum
08-05-2003, 04:40 PM

Bob

So you think the guy who fired a player for criticizing Manuel is going to dump on him a week later? Only in Bizarro World.

gosox41
08-05-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
So you think the guy who fired a player for criticizing Manuel is going to dump on him a week later? Only in Bizarro World.

no, just hoping.

Bob

MarqSox
08-05-2003, 05:14 PM
no, just hoping.

Bob

What are you hoping for, exactly? Complete clubhouse implosion and a 10-game losing streak? It's too late in the year to fire Manuel and still make the playoffs. If we make it, it will be with Manuel at the helm. For the love of the Sox, accept that ... unless you're so confused with what's important that you'd rather forgo the playoffs if it meant getting a new manager, which in itself would be counterintuitive.

Kilroy
08-05-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

How come people ignore that fact that White sucked ass in his last 2 outings, and had been mildly crappy to completely crappy all year long?

And how come Schoenweis gets a free pass on the fact that he could not record one ****ing out?

34 Inch Stick
08-06-2003, 08:47 AM
Who gave Schoenweiss a free pass? From the comfort of my couch I heard him booed off the mound.

As for White, there was much suckiness on him. He was pitching preety well for the last month though.

gosox41
08-06-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
What are you hoping for, exactly? Complete clubhouse implosion and a 10-game losing streak? It's too late in the year to fire Manuel and still make the playoffs. If we make it, it will be with Manuel at the helm. For the love of the Sox, accept that ... unless you're so confused with what's important that you'd rather forgo the playoffs if it meant getting a new manager, which in itself would be counterintuitive.

I was hoping KW would wake up form his fog and see what is painfully obvious to the rest of us...JM sucks as a manager. Pesonally, pulling JG was the straw that broke the camels back. If I were GM I would have fired JM after the game (actually I would have fired him after last season) because that move was beyond monumentally stupid. At the very least I was hoping that KW would lose his temper and spout off. Maybe it's not in the best interests of the team, but I think JM has already lost the team long ago so it doesn't matter.

Bob

Tragg
08-06-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Who exactly does Williams blame for what happened last night? Everyone and their mother is pointing the finger at Jerry Manuel because of his decision to take Garland out of the game. Why on Earth would Williams side with Manuel on this issue?

The only possibility that I can think of is that Reinsdorf told Williams to keep his mouth shut about the Garland decision. If that's the case, then it looks like the Chairman is back to playing his sick little games.

:selljerry

KW should tell manuel, in private, that he's a moron. But in public, he needs to support his manuel - if the doesn't, that will create even more problems.
Ragging on JM publically does nothing except comfort a few fans.

The real problem is that manuel uses the same pitchers until they burn out, and when they throw a bad inning or two, they get relegated to the doghouse. That's what really happened with Foulke last year- he blew a couple of saves on Minny's cement field and Manuel decided he wasn't closer material and never really game him the opportunity to close again.
I'd still like to see some young pitchers in the pen - the pitchers we think will be starters in a few years. They get the needed major league experience AND they have better arms than career relievers..

dickallen15
08-06-2003, 11:40 AM
Manuel is an idiot. In his effort to get Koch some confidence he made Marte pitch nearly an extra inning Tue. This will probably keep Marte out Wed. if he is needed. I hope JM is gone at the end of this season.

Randar68
08-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Who gave Schoenweiss a free pass? From the comfort of my couch I heard him booed off the mound.

As for White, there was much suckiness on him. He was pitching preety well for the last month though.

Frankly, from my 3rd base-side seat, I was still booing Manual for yanking Garland. When he yanked Garland, I said to the guy next to me... "If Garland isn't hurt, I'm going to go ballistic."