You can thank me in cash!

Chisox_cali
08-24-2001, 09:45 PM
I think if he can get over 40 theres no way management can ignore that

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-24-2001, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I think if he can get over 40 theres no way management can ignore that

40 saves for a 500 team is really an accomplishment. I say we should pay the guy what he's worth & end the disgusting Chicago sports tendency to play a guy while he's good & then dump him when he asks for big money.

Tragg
08-24-2001, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

40 saves for a 500 team is really an accomplishment. I say we should pay the guy what he's worth & end the disgusting Chicago sports tendency to play a guy while he's good & then dump him when he asks for big money.

I agree we should offer what he's worth. Seems to me he wants more than he's worth.

i also worry, long term, about using the man 4 games in a row. And this isn't the first time jerry has done that.

Daver
08-24-2001, 10:53 PM
I have no problem paying him what he's worth,a two pitch pitcher that only pitches one inning is worth 3 mil a year on the top end.

Kilroy
08-24-2001, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by daver
I have no problem paying him what he's worth,a two pitch pitcher that only pitches one inning is worth 3 mil a year on the top end.

He's already getting that much. Word is he's looking to double that number. KW said today that the offer they put out for him was pretty close to what he asked for, but it was rejected nonetheless. I suspect that Foulke is after a 3rd year, and the Sox only wanna give 2. KW said that they'd most likely end up in arbitration because the Foulke had rejected their best offer.

Daver
08-24-2001, 11:22 PM
C'ya Keith,damn glad you could stop by these here parts,but I think californy is the place for you,swimming pools,movie stars........