PDA

View Full Version : Rosenbloom's column

chosk8
08-05-2003, 11:09 AM
Mark Liptak is mentioned today in Steve Rosenbloom's column. Looks like he takes a small jab...

"STEVE-MAIL: From Mark Liptak: "The Sox are in a divisional pennant chase. They have the toughest schedule among the three teams. They have to keep winning because they fell so far behind the Royals in the first place. Yet Manager Gandhi sticks on the field his split squad spring training lineup in an important game Sunday! Funny, the Mariners didn't seem tired after playing a Saturday night game. They had their best lineup out there."

The Sox lineup Sunday was missing four starters. The Cubs were missing three. The Sox couldn't pitch or catch, and lost. The Cubs got pitching and defense, and won. Connect the dots, people."

Dan H
08-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Maybe the arrogant Rosenbloom ought to connect the dots. The Cubs had to scrounge for runs to win that game and their star is the one who delivered for them. The Sox had their stars watching.

Rosenbloom is being his typical condescending self. Like I said, he ought to connect his own dots.

Jerko
08-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Not to defend the Cubs or Baker, but he let Clement bat the other day WHILE LOSING and WITH THE BASES LOADED to avoid his sucky bullpen. We yank our starter in the 6th with a 3 run lead, letting OUR sucky bullpen into the game earlier than it should be. Guess which team won each game? I bet if JM were a football coach he'd punt on 1st and 5 from the other team's 20.

chosk8
08-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Agree with both of you and I would side more with Lip than Rosenbloom. Could you imagine the outbreak if Baylor was still managing this Cubs team with this record? They would be screaming for his head, yet Baker feels no heat.

LASOXFAN
08-05-2003, 03:28 PM
Rosenbloom's right. Look, this isn't little league where the kids who ride in the short yellow school bus have to see some playing time every once in a while and always lose when they do. These are paid professionals who didn't answer the call. More than that, MARK BUEHRLE SHOWED WHY HE'S NOT AN ACE. He could be someday, but not now. He blew it, big time. In a big game. Don't forget who had the lead...