PDA

View Full Version : Jon Garland

Jerko
08-05-2003, 10:25 AM
Garland is now my favorite player. His face while he was leaving the mound is proof that these players, especially the pitchers, think Manuel is a moron. Not very conducive to winning when you think your coach is a freaking idiot.

gosox41
08-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Garland is now my favorite player. His face while he was leaving the mound is proof that these players, especially the pitchers, think Manuel is a moron. Not very conducive to winning when you think your coach is a freaking idiot.

Do you think the Sox would have traded Garland if he had spoken what he really was thinking after last night's game?

I give himcredit for keeping quiet. I wouldn't have. Screw this idiot. If I were JG, I'd rather be traded then play for Manuel.

Maybe Rick White said what he said to get released. He's got his money. Now he can sign with a team where there won't be such an idiotic manager to deal with.

Bob

Mighty4
08-05-2003, 10:47 AM
They won't get rid of Garland cause they have to prove they're smarter than the Cubs. He was really pissed when he got yanked and I wish I would have seen him on the bench. I like that.

Hangar18
08-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Mighty4
They won't get rid of Garland cause they have to prove they're smarter than the Cubs. He was really pissed when he got yanked and I wish I would have seen him on the bench. I like that.

Garland is growing up....I wouldve loved to see him finish the
game....I CANT BELIEVE HE YANKED HIM. almost as dumb as pulling Colon

CHISOXFAN13
08-05-2003, 12:31 PM
While I didn't agree with Manuel, I didn't think Garland had hit last night. He was tipping off his off-speed stuff.

And I would have never thought that Schowenwesi would lay an egg like that.

Still, a dumb decision. At least let him finish the sixth to set up the pen for the remainder of the game.