PDA

View Full Version : How about adding fuel to the fire - Read This..

fledgedrallycap
08-05-2003, 08:47 AM
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_imrem.asp?intid=37838148

I realize that the Sox have lost three in a row and the high we've all been riding over the last few weeks is thin at best this morning, but this article is pretty funny. Can you believe this guy is the front page columnist....what naked pictures does he have?

Anyway, let's not go crazy. There is baseball left to be played and the Sox have real good odds in winning the next two. I'm going to the Cell tonight and hopefully many more will, too.

LASOXFAN
08-05-2003, 03:33 PM
Sad thing is, he's right

DonkeyKongerko
08-05-2003, 04:11 PM
If this division is lost by a few games at the end, it will mostly have been because of this team's early season struggles. Unless we get swept by Detroit again.

Randar68
08-05-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
If this division is lost by a few games at the end, it will mostly have been because of this team's early season struggles. Unless we get swept by Detroit again.

Or any number of the 15 or 20 games Jerry will end up losing almost by himself.

WinningUgly!
08-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Fear of failure more than a quest for success could be motivating Sox faithful. Let's face it, nobody wants to go to the office the next day and get a smirk from a Cubs fan because the Sox fell further behind ... Kansas City?

If the Sox were in any other American League division, they would be 10 games out of first place. Instead, they are lucky to be 3 games behind the Royals following a 13-9 loss.

What a dope. Why exactly should Sox fans have a "fear of failure" and be worried about getting smirks from Cubs fans of all people? Cubs fans certainly have no "fear of failure", as they have accepted failure as the foundation of their team's tradition for years. If the Cubs were in either of the other 2 NL divisions, they'd be 12.5-16.5 games back. Why is it KC is a joke & St. Louis/Houston are not? Look at some of the chumps that those 2 teams have been marching out to the mound this season.

SoxOnTop
08-05-2003, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE}Anyway, ever hear of any of them? Quick, tell me which of them is a left-hander. If you said none, you'd be right, but you had no idea, did you? Me neither.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a certain southside pitching staff in '00, doesn't it?