PDA

View Full Version : Manuel, you REALLY suck, here's why...

captain54
08-05-2003, 01:39 AM
Here's Jerry Manuel's final response to Bruce "lackey" Levine's question about pulling Garland in the Monday night KC game:

"It just didn't work out"

As long as he has been manager, this has been the standard answer.....Can't you just admit, Jerry, that for the most part you are rolling the dice and for the most part your decisions usually come up snake eyes??

Sox fans, we don't deserve this....put an end to your suffering....please continue to follow the team but don't get all jacked up about this year...the handwriting is on the wall....this team is not equipped, both in the dugout and on the field, to carry us deep into October.....

this doesn't feel like a winning year to me.....just as easily as we won 13 out of 14 we could lose 13 out of 14....there have been way too many ups and downs this year for me to get all crazy and start to vibrate about going far in the playoffs....

I seriously think Jerry Manuel doesnt really give a damn....he probably believes the Sox are not going to the postseason and knows he will get canned anyway...

Hokiesox
08-05-2003, 07:31 AM
I must say. after watching that move, I'm firmly on the Fire JM side. When ESPN said he was on his way, I started screaming at the TV. Garland was cruising along! He'd only had 79 pitches...what more do you want Jerry? We'd just hit a 3 run homer to take the lead!

The tinkering is what gets me, not how he answers a media question. Who cares about that? We can see how bad he is on the field. I wish he'd get canned now so we could bring in the guy from Birmingham (name escaping me) sooner, rather than later

gosox41
08-05-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Hokiesox

The tinkering is what gets me, not how he answers a media question. Who cares about that? We can see how bad he is on the field. I wish he'd get canned now so we could bring in the guy from Birmingham (name escaping me) sooner, rather than later

Wally Backman.

THE_HOOTER
08-05-2003, 10:13 AM
If Manuel leaves Garland in the game, the Sox win last night.

Not only that, our bullpen is shgot for tonight.

harwar
08-05-2003, 10:23 AM
I'm sure Jerry wishes that he had just left Garland in the game but the problem is that he does this over and over again.He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.
I was actually glad to see Ginter hit that guy because i knew,not only would Ginter be thrown out but JM would go with him,and just maybe we would have a chance.I think Ginter does NOT belong in the Big Leagues and i would much rather have Rick White still here than ol Matt.
The truth is,its a bad choice either way and KW better figure something out for this bullpen or our season will soon be over.

Randar68
08-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I'm sure Jerry wishes that he had just left Garland in the game but the problem is that he does this over and over again.He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.
I was actually glad to see Ginter hit that guy because i knew,not only would Ginter be thrown out but JM would go with him,and just maybe we would have a chance.I think Ginter does NOT belong in the Big Leagues and i would much rather have Rick White still here than ol Matt.
The truth is,its a bad choice either way and KW better figure something out for this bullpen or our season will soon be over.

I would rather have Rick White here because he has been pitching well lately and is a veteran.

However, Matt Ginter is going to be a very good set-up type of pitcher in this league. Maybe after we fail to make the playoffs and Jerry is fired, a competent manager can come in here and use our bullpen like it is an asset, not a set a balls to juggle or dice to roll.

gosox41
08-05-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by harwar

Unless the Sox win the next 2 games, the season is over. How much more hits over the head are us Sox fans going to take before we realize this team doesn't have what it takes under JM. The offense can't score 10 runs a game to limit JM's decision making. And it's obvious the pitching staff is being run on whatever JM feels like doing that given day.

As for JM being ejected, I'm sure he's still running the team from the tunnel of the dugout.

Bob

Hangar18
08-05-2003, 11:05 AM
I hate how this team Swings for the Fences every time up.....and not try to play Situational Baseball for once. Sure it works every once in a while, but more often than not, while were hitting the 3-run homer, the other team is Fundamentally tying the game right back up by Moving the Runners up,,,,,,Taking the Extra Base...
Going from First to Third....Bunting runners over.......Stealing bases...........all WITHOUT TRYING TO KEEP HITTING THE LONG BALL. THis team sucks when it comes to that type of baseball.
We'll win the HR hitting contests for sure....but were too One-Dimensional right now.......Having the Bases Loaded with one out, and only scoring ONE RUN (because of a walk at that) is RIDICULOUS

kevingrt
08-05-2003, 11:07 AM
Someone on the chat last night said not making the playoffs this year might be a godsend because most likely KW will be fed up and just fire Jerry. I actually think BluePrint said this.

I 1st disagreed with him saying I cannot wait another year, but by the looks of it, I can and get this BS of a coach out of town!