PDA

View Full Version : JM guarantees victory next two days

Viva Magglio
08-04-2003, 11:41 PM
He predicted that with Loaiza and Colon will lead us to victory. Well, he did accurately predict that we wouldn't lose to Detroit.

gosox41
08-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
He predicted that with Loaiza and Colon will lead us to victory. Well, he did accurately predict that we wouldn't lose to Detroit.

If the Sox take 2 out of the against KC (or any other team they play the rest of the season) I'm happy. Sweeps would be nice, but they're hard to accomplish.

On a different note, I'm going to go into the predicting business just like JM.

GoSox41 predicts JM will continually screw up just about every basbeall decision he has to make for the rest (or whatever is left) of his career.

Bob

VeeckAsInWreck
08-05-2003, 02:40 AM
Jerry Manuel guarantee's victories for the next 2 games?
I didn't know he was going out of town for 2 days! Who will run the team?

ssang
08-05-2003, 07:30 AM
Prediciton: Loazia shuts out KC tonight in a 4-0 win.
Colon gives up one 2-run HR but crusies other than
that. Sox win 7-2. We take 2 of 3. YEAH!

SoxOnTop
08-05-2003, 07:56 AM
He's predicting victory because he doesn't believe he'll be allowed to make enough decisions to screw it up. Just watch he'll leave in Colon for 8 innings even if he gives up 8 runs just to make up for today.

unreal....

Randar68
08-05-2003, 10:09 AM

We'll see if he decides to pull them with 80 pitches in the 6th because there are a couple lefties coming up, and now that we have three LH's in the pen, they need work

:firejerry

Procol Harum
08-05-2003, 10:12 AM
Well, he did accurately predict that we wouldn't lose to Detroit.

Well, that makes him a real prophet.....i could've probably predicted the same thing if my 11 year-old's team played Detroit. :D:

MarqSox
08-05-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Well, that makes him a real prophet.....i could've probably predicted the same thing if my 11 year-old's team played Detroit. :D:

Well, for what it's worth, he's 3-0 in games he guarantees victories. I'll take that any day, even if it is against the Tigers.

But seriously, it really seems like when this team really focuses, they're unstoppable. They were dead serious about sweeping the Royals last week, and they did it in convincing fashion. They wanted to kick the Cubs around, and they came one inning away from winning 5 of 6. They knew that series last month with the Twins was huge, and they stepped up to the challenge.

That's why I still have faith in this club -- they can turn it on whenever they want to. I just wish they wanted to more often. But if JM guarantees victory tonight, then I believe him.

kevingrt
08-05-2003, 11:12 AM
JM has a crystal ball, hopefully it works unlike his tinkering hasn't worked