PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late to fire Manuel

A.T. Money
08-05-2003, 12:21 AM
Just curious. If we fire Mr. Tinker, is our season pretty much over, or is there still a chance we can recover?

Your thoughts?

gosox41
08-05-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
Just curious. If we fire Mr. Tinker, is our season pretty much over, or is there still a chance we can recover?

Your thoughts?

Any move on Manuel won't be made until after the season. If the Sox happen to make the playoffs, expect another eyar of this crap.

Bob

Thunderstruck30
08-05-2003, 01:03 AM
I think its too late in the year. He shouldve been gone earlier but he wasnt.

TornLabrum
08-05-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
Any move on Manuel won't be made until after the season. If the Sox happen to make the playoffs, expect another eyar of this crap.

Bob

With Jerry Reinsdorf as boss, it's possible that anuy move won't be made until after next season.

fuzzy_patters
08-05-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by SoxDemon

Your thoughts?

The last time I checked we are only 4 games back in the loss collumn, and JM is still our manager. What makes you think the season is over? Do you always give up this easy, or is it just a baseball thing?

TornLabrum
08-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
The last time I checked we are only 4 games back in the loss collumn, and JM is still our manager. What makes you think the season is over? Do you always give up this easy, or is it just a baseball thing?

Remember, we're only a month past losing 8 out of 10 to Detroit, Tampa Bay, and Cleveland. What makes you think we're in a race when we'll be Facing Oakland, Anaheim, the Yankees, and the Red Sox in the next 30 days?

bobj4400
08-05-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Remember, we're only a month past losing 8 out of 10 to Detroit, Tampa Bay, and Cleveland. What makes you think we're in a race when we'll be Facing Oakland, Anaheim, the Yankees, and the Red Sox in the next 30 days?

what scares me, is even if we do win the next two games, kc goes to Detroit while we play Oakland. It will be like this for the rest of the season. After our performance against AL West teams so far this season (4-11), I have to think that having hope is an exercise in futility...

Jerko
08-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Actually, the next 2 weeks will be as important as our head to head games with KC, and here's why. After the Sox series, KC goes to Tampa for 4. We NEED TO win these next 2 games and probably need to win 2 of 3 from Oakland as well to stay close. AFTER Sunday, KC has 2 weeks straight of Yankees, Twins, Yankees, Twins. Hopefully, if we catch the Royals, the Twins won't pass us because they play Det, Cle, KC, Cle. It's going to be tough, especially with the 5th starter and Sunday lineup games we still have left, not to mention the fine in-game managing of Manuel and his expert handling of the bullpen and pitching staff. In other words, we're probably meat.

gosox41
08-05-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Actually, the next 2 weeks will be as important as our head to head games with KC, and here's why. After the Sox series, KC goes to Tampa for 4. We NEED TO win these next 2 games and probably need to win 2 of 3 from Oakland as well to stay close. AFTER Sunday, KC has 2 weeks straight of Yankees, Twins, Yankees, Twins. Hopefully, if we catch the Royals, the Twins won't pass us because they play Det, Cle, KC, Cle. It's going to be tough, especially with the 5th starter and Sunday lineup games we still have left, not to mention the fine in-game managing of Manuel and his expert handling of the bullpen and pitching staff. In other words, we're probably meat.

We've been meat since May. It's 2 fun weeks that made us forget it

Bob

Jerko
08-05-2003, 10:20 AM
True.

Jerko
08-05-2003, 10:28 AM
It's not too late to fire Manuel; it's only 9:30

A.T. Money
08-05-2003, 10:38 AM
Last night's game was a perfect example of Ghandi "PaNiCkInG" when he pulled Garland with a 3-run lead and only 79 pitches.

:rwhite:
"I demand an apology."