PDA

View Full Version : Backs against the wall

cheeses_h_rice
08-04-2003, 10:52 PM
Sox need to take the next 2 games, period. If they lose both, they'll be 5 back of KC and in danger of falling into 3rd place again. If they split, they'll be 3 games back, further behind than they were yesterday. Taking the next 2 means they're just 1 game back and no worse than 1-1/2 games ahead of the Twinks, who keep on winning, too.

I feel good about tomorrow night's game. But you have to think that the Sox know they let this one slip away from them.

Procol Harum
08-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Agreed--gotta get these next two. Not an easy task--we're starting to look like a certain White Sox team that was inhabiting these parts just a few weeks ago. Our bullpen not only didn't look good, but with the beating we've taken the last three days they're not exactly primed to give us anything tomorrow (if indeed they would anyway). Perhaps the most disappointing element of tonight's game was that we were also kicking balls and making bad fielding decisions at clutch moments.

All in all, a pretty wretched performance for 43,000+ fans and a nat'l TV audience. And Sweeney mihgt be back tomorrow....

JJAustin69
08-04-2003, 10:58 PM
Such a huge momentum killer in front of all those fans tonight. Same letdown as always. What kills me is that we could have put them away tonight. This game was an ABSOLUTE MUST WIN for them. If we win, the doubt that we put in their minds in KC grows exponentially. Their confidence would probably have never recovered. We couldn't put them away tonight and will certainly regret it.

duke of dorwood
08-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Well, his early hook on Garland meand a very thin pen tomorrow night-Marte, Ginter Koch.

Procol Harum
08-04-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Well, his early hook on Garland meand a very thin pen tomorrow night-Marte, Ginter Koch.

Maybe the one upside of tonight's game might be the bogus bouncing of Ginter for hitting a batter--at least he wasn't worn out when he was booted.

Lip Man 1
08-04-2003, 11:09 PM
When Matt Ginter reaches his "potential" (in the words of Kenny Williams) somebody let me know!

and I bet Scott Schowenweis realized when he walked off to a choras of 30,000+ boos that he wasn't in the Magic Kingdom (Disney) anymore.

Pathetic performace again in front of a large crowd in a big game.

At least the Sox are consistent, when the pressure's on, you can't pull a needle out of their asses with a tractor, that's how tight they are.

Friggin' Morons.

Lip

Dan H
08-05-2003, 06:53 AM
All year long we've been saying that KC is not for real. And all year long the Sox have been chasing them. The Sox have to win the next two. Or maybe we should think they're the pretenders?

delben91
08-05-2003, 07:47 AM
Solid bats for the Sox last night, and with Loaiza on the hill tonight, I think that bodes well for taking Tuesday's game. Provided the Sox come in pissed, and not beaten, though I think they'll be the former.

chosk8
08-05-2003, 08:47 AM
At least the Sox are consistent, when the pressure's on, you can't pull a needle out of their asses with a tractor, that's how tight they are.

Preach on brother!!

Since the second half of 2000. As soon as there are expectations of this team, they pucker up and fall flat. Streak and slide is the motto of this team. "Whoa fellas, we're 6 games over .500, we better drop a few."

Brian26
08-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by chosk8
Preach on brother!!

Since the second half of 2000. As soon as there are expectations of this team, they pucker up and fall flat. Streak and slide is the motto of this team. "Whoa fellas, we're 6 games over .500, we better drop a few."

My god, they just won 14 out of 16 games. What the hell do you expect? They lose 3 in a row, it's not the end of the world. Chill out.

With that said, I agree with everyone above. I think it's critical to win these remaining 2 games against KC. I think it's crucial to win at least one. Winning 2 puts us back at one-game out as Oakland comes to town, which isn't bad. Winning one of the remaining two puts us at 3 out. I don't want to fall any farther than 3-games out.