PDA

View Full Version : Can't watch the game

MarqSox
08-04-2003, 07:10 PM
I can't even explain how furious I am right now. I'm apparently living in the only place in the country where I can't watch this game. I'm out of the Chicago and KC markets, so I can't get it locally. Yet somehow, my cable company thinks this is the Chicago market, and so ESPN is blacked out (actually, worse, they're televising a SamME HR derby instead) so I can't watch it on ESPN. And because it's on ESPN, MLB.TV isn't showing it. To top it off, I'm out of ESPN 1000's range.

So I'm SOL. Can you believe that? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Wow. Sucks to be you.

:(:

Medford Bobby
08-04-2003, 07:30 PM
Cable???? You can't beat the DIsh Network system for games and I get to see games when they run over 3 hours :smile: Plus you would be considered in Brewer territory and would not face a ESPN blackout.. Just ask fans who subscribe to MLB TV and can't get a bunch of games in Las Vegas as it's considered a 6 team market!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: Go to MLB radio and get the free sub with 8 free issues of Sports Illust. for free then cancel sub and keep free MLB radio............. :D: Cable.... :angry: "Never again". :angry: .............Dish Net make Bobby :gulp: :smile:

MarqSox
08-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
Cable???? You can't beat the DIsh Network system for games and I get to see games when they run over 3 hours :smile: Plus you would be considered in Brewer territory and would not face a ESPN blackout.. Just ask fans who subscribe to MLB TV and can't get a bunch of games in Las Vegas as it's considered a 6 team market!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: Go to MLB radio and get the free sub with 8 free issues of Sports Illust. for free then cancel sub and keep free MLB radio............. :D: Cable.... :angry: "Never again". :angry: .............Dish Net make Bobby :gulp: :smile:

Dish Network, I would do except the only way to get high-speed Internet out this way is via cable modem, and if I canceled my cable subscription, the Internet cost would go up to the point that it just wouldn't be worth it.

You're right, I am in Brewer territory, but it turns out my cable company is idiotic and I'm on the northern edge of what is considered the Rockford region. I don't understand how it works ... I get local programming from Milwaukee, yet my ESPN feed is the same one they get in Illinois. Thus, I don't get FSN Chicago OR the ESPN national feed.

As for MLB radio, I'd do it, but I already have an MLB.TV subscription, so I'm not going to get radio too. And I'd do the SI promotion, but I had an SI subscription once and they wouldn't leave me alone for about 2 years after I cancelled it. I could really do without the telemarketers.

So, I'm just going to sit here pissed off. :angry: :angry:

Iwritecode
08-04-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
I can't even explain how furious I am right now. I'm apparently living in the only place in the country where I can't watch this game. I'm out of the Chicago and KC markets, so I can't get it locally. Yet somehow, my cable company thinks this is the Chicago market, and so ESPN is blacked out (actually, worse, they're televising a SamME HR derby instead) so I can't watch it on ESPN. And because it's on ESPN, MLB.TV isn't showing it. To top it off, I'm out of ESPN 1000's range.

So I'm SOL. Can you believe that? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

If this is supposed to be on ESPN why am I getting some crappy special about the Bears??? :?:

Lip Man 1
08-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Consider yourself lucky to be missing 'corpseball revisted."

Lip

MarqSox
08-04-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Consider yourself lucky to be missing 'corpseball revisted."

Lip

When I think of corpseball, I think of dead bats. This is just ineffective pitching.

gosox41
08-04-2003, 11:12 PM
When I think of corpseball, I think of dead bats. This is just ineffective pitching.

Don't forget crappy managing.

Bob

A.T. Money
08-04-2003, 11:24 PM

I still think this is a great picture. LOL, look at their eyes lol.

Lip Man 1
08-04-2003, 11:39 PM
No it's not just "crappy" pitching.

Corpseball is when guys fail to cover bases, fail to advance runners, fail to pick up men on base (early innings), fail to execute fundamentals etc.

We say ALL that tonight in SPADES.

Brain dead buffoons.

Lip

Thunderstruck30
08-04-2003, 11:44 PM
The Sox did score 9 runs and did have the lead. They just couldnt hold on to it. I wouldnt consider that corpseball.

gosox41
08-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
The Sox did score 9 runs and did have the lead. They just couldnt hold on to it. I wouldnt consider that corpseball.

How many guys did htey leave on base during the first 3 innings. 9 runs is nice, but not when you have a chance to score a ton more.

If I bought a house for $200K and 5 years later other equivalent houses in my neighborhood were selling for $300K, would it be smart of me to sell it at $250K or to take as much as I can get?

Bob