MarqSox
08-04-2003, 04:45 PM
Should be on ESPN at about 4:50 or so.

LuvSox
08-04-2003, 04:54 PM
I missed it, who's got the goods?

HawkDJ
08-04-2003, 04:58 PM
It was an e-mail that said something like "What is with Cubs fans throwing back fake home-run balls? Are they just trying to find a shortcut like Sammy?" Sorry I've got a bad memory but that is the gist of it.

adsit
08-04-2003, 05:02 PM
I never watch this show so I don't know who's who. There was a little banter about "lay off Sosa..." from one of the guys, saying "do you think the Florida Marlins wouldn't take Sosa?"

That made no sense. But they both seemed to agree that it was weak to throw fake home run balls. Said something on the order of "say, yeah, I'm keeping it, it's going on EBay, deal with it."

Hangar18
08-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
It was an e-mail that said something like "What is with Cubs fans throwing back fake home-run balls? Are they just trying to find a shortcut like Sammy?" Sorry I've got a bad memory but that is the gist of it.

What the......you mean someone in the National Media is actually finally aware ...... that Cub Fans are in fact Frauds, Liars, Drunks, Tourists and Frat Boys on holiday? Who is breaking the story?
Hats off to the producers on that one....

Jerko
08-04-2003, 06:26 PM
They showed the idiot that got caught throwing back a fake home run ball, then Wilbon, a Cub fan, said something like "be a man and admit you're keeping the ball to put on ebay". The one guy was ripping the Cubs and Sosa and Wilbon said "The Marlins would love to have him". ***? I remember the Cubs drooling over Lowell more than ANYBODY wanting Corky's pock-filled needle marked ass.

Thunderstruck30
08-05-2003, 12:18 AM
PTI also said that Monday was the 10 year anniversary of Ventura charging Nolan Ryan.
:nolanventura

Nick@Nite
08-05-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Should be on ESPN at about 4:50 or so.

PTI? Is that the show with Wilbon & Kornheiser? Also, is the start time 4:50 ET (A.M. or P.M.?)

VeeckAsInWreck
08-05-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
PTI also said that Monday was the 10 year anniversary of Ventura charging Nolan Ryan.
:nolanventura

Holy cow! Has it been 10 years already?
I remember watching that game on TV, I believe it was broadcast on WGN.
Robin is still my all-time favorite Sox player, but that was just embarrasing! :D:

WhiteSox = Life
08-05-2003, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by PinchALoaf
PTI? Is that the show with Wilbon & Kornheiser? Also, is the start time 4:50 ET (A.M. or P.M.?)

Yep. It's the latter half of ESPN's "Gas Hour", where nothing but a bunch of blow hards waste oxygen...

It starts at 4:30 PM central time on ESPN, pretty much every week day.

Lip Man 1
08-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Yesterday Papa Joe on The Sporting News radio network also had a segment on Ten Reasons To Avoid Wrigley Field.

He went there over the weekend and had a bad experience.

Lip

RKMeibalane
08-05-2003, 01:19 PM
The reason the referrence to the Marlins wanting Sosa was made is because Dan LeBatard, a writer for the Miami Herald, was subbing for Kornhiser on yesterday's show. LeBatard called Sosa and Cubs fans a fraud, so Wilbon brought up that point to get back at him.