PDA

View Full Version : You won't believe what RoyalBoard is doing ...

FJA
08-04-2003, 03:43 PM
I was checking the pulse of Royals fans via some of the sites mentioned here on Thursday or Friday and on RoyalBoard.com (http://www.royalboard.com), some fan's sister apparently scored Frank's number sometime last week, and Royals fans on that board are trying to call him (the number has been posted).

I realize this may be a prank, but I have to believe no one on this board would drool like a rabid dog were we to get Mike Sweeney or Carlos Beltran's cell phone number ...

CLR01
08-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by FJA
I realize this may be a prank, but I have to believe no one on this board would drool like a rabid dog were we to get Mike Sweeney or Carlos Beltran's cell phone number ...

I would have to disagree with you there.

SaltyPretzel
08-04-2003, 03:55 PM
I bet some Cub fans in Wrigleyville might. :D:

Rocky Soprano
08-04-2003, 03:57 PM
I cant belive these guys would stoop down to that level. By the way, I tried calling the number to see what happened, and it does in fact sound like Frank's voice on the voice-mail.

Eddie Gaedel
08-04-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
I cant belive these guys would stoop down to that level. By the way, I tried calling the number to see what happened, and it does in fact sound like Frank's voice on the voice-mail.

i agree, it's him.

Rocky Soprano
08-04-2003, 04:04 PM
I wonder what Frank is going to think about all of this. If I were him I would make sure to say something about it tonight after he hits 4 homeruns. He can say something like thanks to the Royal Fans for the inspiration. After Wednesday, we will make sure to wave from our rear view mirros. :)

pl8ump1012
08-04-2003, 04:10 PM

Stoop down to that level, but you do it too?

I dont think they're doing anything wrong (and nor are you).
I actually got a hold of snoop dogg's phone number, and called that. It sounds like him, but i think his voice is easy to imitate for some people.

I personally find it humorous :)

pl8ump1012
08-04-2003, 04:12 PM
i also just tried the number. I dont know if thats him. I have always thought his voice sounded a bit higher on interviews than he would look like he would have.

This sounds lower than i expected, but everyone's does on their voicemail. Who knows?

Rocky Soprano
08-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by pl8ump1012

I actually got a hold of snoop dogg's phone number, and called that. It sounds like him, but i think his voice is easy to imitate for some people.

But I didnt leave a stupid message or anything like that. Some of these guys claim they are saying some crap to him, thats what Im referring to.

Hell if Frank had answered the phone, I probably would of said sorry, I got the wrong number. By the way you are the best, GO SOX! :gulp:

The one thing that I find suspicious is that the last four numbers are his jersey number.

CLR01
08-04-2003, 04:16 PM

My brother got a hold of Jason "Wee Man" Acuna's number and has talked to him on a number of occasions.

pl8ump1012
08-04-2003, 04:29 PM

The one thing that I find suspicious is that the last four numbers are his jersey number.

I didnt even notice that, but good point. Who knows, maybe the cell phone company let him request that number???

Rocky Soprano
08-04-2003, 04:31 PM
I didnt even notice that, but good point. Who knows, maybe the cell phone company let him request that number???

Do you think he would make that request though? To me it seems like that would be way too easy to fall into the wrong hands like now. But who knows...

LASOXFAN
08-04-2003, 04:31 PM
Sprint is based in KC. I'm betting someone's gonna pay dearly for this one.

pl8ump1012
08-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Do you think he would make that request though? To me it seems like that would be way too easy to fall into the wrong hands like now. But who knows...

Yeah, I was thinking that, but ya never know. Like I said, it doesnt sound similar enough to the guy i hear in interviews and stuff. So all that combined, I am assuming it is not really him, but will still remain open to the possibility that it may be.

Steve Bartman
08-04-2003, 04:42 PM
what is the number? :?: Does it really sound like him?

Eddie Gaedel
08-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
what is the number? :?: Does it really sound like him?

it's easy to find at royalboard.com. i'd feel guilty posting it, and yes it sounds just like him.

HawkDJ
08-04-2003, 04:45 PM
I'm not going to call him, but that is pretty low what they are doing there. I feel bad for Frank. They also have a poll going as to how many people will run on to the field tonight. Plus they are making fun of Hawk because of his low batting average as a player.

Rocky Soprano
08-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Please dont post the number here. Its easy to get over at the losers board.

Im sure Frank wont like it and hopefully he takes it out on the Royals today.

We should contact Sprint or whoever is his carrier and let them know. Lets get these guys in some trouble. Now that would be some good vengance.

Yeah I saw the guys starting that poll. I really hope no one decides to run on the field. If anyone sees some Cub Fan about to jump on the field, please tackle him before he does it.

Hangar18
08-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Please dont post the number here. Its easy to get over at the losers board.

Im sure Frank wont like it and hopefully he takes it out on the Royals today.

We should contact Sprint or whoever is his carrier and let them know. Lets get these guys in some trouble. Now that would be some good vengance.

Yeah I saw the guys starting that poll. I really hope no one decides to run on the field. If anyone sees some Cub Fan about to jump on the field, please tackle him before he does it.

This is a great idea. I am PERSONALLY volunteering for this....If I see a Cub Fan Trying to run the field again, im going to Tackle him ...........

Eddie Gaedel
08-04-2003, 05:05 PM

now, now, cindy, nobody likes a tattle tale.

Steve Bartman
08-04-2003, 05:54 PM
I must say I did feel guilty calling him, but I just had to congradulate him on 400 homers.......

fquaye149
08-04-2003, 06:16 PM
when people did it to chris simms it was despicable, but it's alright for royal fans to?

CLR01
08-04-2003, 07:14 PM

For what? Posting a number on the web and calling it? Unless they are making personal threats there is not a damn thing that can be done except change the number, perhaps at their expense but i doubt it.

gogosoxgogo
08-04-2003, 08:05 PM
That's ridiculous. I hope I meet those ****ers so I can shove my foot up their ass. That is not cool at all.

Nick@Nite
08-04-2003, 11:54 PM

:b&b
BEAVIS: heh, heh... did I ever tell you the time me and Snoop were kickin' it on the streets of Compton, drinkin' gin & juice?
BUTTHEAD: huh, huh... Snoop rules!

dllrbll7
08-05-2003, 03:35 AM
Did they take it off of there site because i cant seem to find it. Alot of talk about calling it but no number