PDA

View Full Version : You know it is a big game when....

NewyorkSoxFan
08-04-2003, 02:43 PM
The Fan here in NY are leading off its updates talking about Sox/Royals for the Central. Like most cities usually the stations are vacuums for only their teams, but not today. Even showed Sox highlights on YES for those who get the Yankee Network. Good as it gets for me since I can't get one friggin Chicago Sports radio Station on the web.

NYSF

adsit
08-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
The Fan here in NY are leading off its updates talking about Sox/Royals for the Central. Like most cities usually the stations are vacuums for only their teams, but not today. Even showed Sox highlights on YES for those who get the Yankee Network. Good as it gets for me since I can't get one friggin Chicago Sports radio Station on the web.

NYSF

I heard that too, and yes, it's nothing short of amazing when media around here acknowledge there's other MLB teams aside from whom the Yanks, Mets and Red Sox are playing.

Don't forget two of these Sox-KC games are on ESPN as well, something else we don't get too often.

BTW, I've had some luck lately picking up AM1000 on a digital tuner at night... as I'm sure you know, it usually gets blown out around here by WINS.

LASOXFAN
08-04-2003, 02:56 PM
That's funny, even the LA sports radio stations were talking up the series this morning.

Must be brutal living in NY and hating the Yankees. I so hate that team. Their fans are the most annoying in the league, more so than red sox fans. I love to see the yankees lose.

Paulwny
08-04-2003, 04:18 PM

NYSF

I also listened/watched the show. Did you hear the yank fan who said he really feared the sox because of the potent line-up and 3 pitchers, Colon, Buehrle and Loaiza?
Chris Russo agreed saying that while many across the country are rooting for KC the sox would give the yanks a run for their money.

pl8ump1012
08-04-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
That's funny, even the LA sports radio stations were talking up the series this morning.

Must be brutal living in NY and hating the Yankees. I so hate that team. Their fans are the most annoying in the league, more so than red sox fans. I love to see the yankees lose.

I had an EXTREMELY difficult time deciding who to "root" for (against) in the flubs yankees series.

I reluctantly ended up rooting for the yankees because i didnt want to hear the flub fans celebrating beating the yankees like it was the world series

NewyorkSoxFan
08-04-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I also listened/watched the show. Did you hear the yank fan who said he really feared the sox because of the potent line-up and 3 pitchers, Colon, Buehrle and Loaiza?
Chris Russo agreed saying that while many across the country are rooting for KC the sox would give the yanks a run for their money.

I didnt' hear that. Well I feel if we get to the playoffs and get to play them it would be a great series. I have tix for the 27th and 29th at Yankee Stadium.

I disagree that Yankee fans are worst than Bosox fans. They feel like they are entitled to get to the WS b/c its been so long. I hope they and the Cubs never go. OR at least as long as I live.

NYSF

adsit
08-04-2003, 05:16 PM
I disagree that Yankee fans are worst than Bosox fans. They feel like they are entitled to get to the WS b/c its been so long. I hope they and the Cubs never go. OR at least as long as I live.

NYSF

I agree... hate to make generalities, but I'll make two anyway: Red Sox fans are even more obnoxious and "fair weather" than Flub fans. While Yankee fans have the same swagger, you gotta figure they earned (or purchased, depending on your POV) the right to that, and they typically know their baseball.

It's also more comfortable and enjoyable to watch a game in Yankee Stadium than in Fenway... though since I live closer to the latter I find myself there more often... and will again on 9-12 and 13.

fquaye149
08-04-2003, 05:18 PM
but yankees fans weren't really that loud 8 or 9 years ago...

although they are always supporters of their team, just like both sox fans

NewyorkSoxFan
08-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
but yankees fans weren't really that loud 8 or 9 years ago...

although they are always supporters of their team, just like both sox fans

I think they are pretty loud, as NYers by nature tend to be loud. :smile: I wish Chicagoans were louder, when I came home last year and saw a game against the Twins the fans only got loud when something happened. Yankee Stadium is loud and jumpy (for lack of a better term) the whole game. Unless of course they are getting pounded. Red Sox games are insane, but fun. If we keep winning, and I don't mean for a month but for a few seasons and the fans come back strong I think we will have that type of atmosphere.

NYSF

Reichardt
08-04-2003, 05:49 PM

NYSF

I don't want to bust any bubbles but....there are only 3 mlb games tonight. Thus, the espn coverage and expanded national attention. Tuesday is a full schedule and all local media bias will return.

ma-gaga
08-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Sloow night. the other games are tedious at best. I mean, the Twins are playing Baltimore, and are obviously hoping for a Chicago win to give them a chance to pull to 3.5 games back...

The other game is Blue Jays vs Devil Rays. yawn...

Easily the best game is the Royals/Sox tilt. First place on the line. Brilliant!

MarqSox
08-04-2003, 06:19 PM
I wish Chicagoans were louder, when I came home last year and saw a game against the Twins the fans only got loud when something happened.

Fans are only loud when they're cocky. Yankee fans are cocky, and they've earned the right. Sox fans are not overly cocky, and that'll happen after you don't win anything for several generations.