PDA

View Full Version : Sox Army: Operation Anti-Wave

FJA
08-04-2003, 02:05 PM
:army

I know many of us will be out at Comiskey tonight. It is imperative that we do all we can to stop what we all know is the one bad thing about big crowds on the South Side: the wave. Hopefully the recent Mickey Mouse operation going on at the Urinal will distract Flub fans from infiltrating the Cell's stands (as many of us suspect it is said Flub fans starting said maneuver). Either way, this game is on national TV and the wave will only feed the general opinion that Sox fans don't know what they're doing, and we don't care about the game on the field. Boo, bribe, buy beer ... do whatever you need to do to stop the idiots who start the wave.

Sox Army, UNITE!

Jerko
08-04-2003, 02:39 PM
I'll be there Tuesday with a group of 100. We usually just stand around in the outfield, but if we're in our seats I'll try to make sure none of them do the wave. It's section 106, so if anybody is there Tuesday and the wave abruptly ends at 106, I'll take all credit. If it doesn't that means I went up to the Stadium Club and it's not my fault.......................Then again, the group I'm with will be so drunk they probably won't even see it happening.

TornLabrum
08-04-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by FJA

I know many of us will be out at Comiskey tonight. It is imperative that we do all we can to stop what we all know is the one bad thing about big crowds on the South Side: the wave. Hopefully the recent Mickey Mouse operation going on at the Urinal will distract Flub fans from infiltrating the Cell's stands (as many of us suspect it is said Flub fans starting said maneuver). Either way, this game is on national TV and the wave will only feed the general opinion that Sox fans don't know what they're doing, and we don't care about the game on the field. Boo, bribe, buy beer ... do whatever you need to do to stop the idiots who start the wave.

Sox Army, UNITE!

And if you see anyone trying to rush the field, trip them!

alohafri
08-04-2003, 03:01 PM
It will be a losing effort. Once the bozos get the wave started, the rest of the lemmings just go along with it. And there are some Sox fans who like it (read earlier threads).

If there is a big crowd tonight, you can also be assured that some nitwit(s) will throw back a HR ball. :angry:

Some things just can't be controlled. So don't get all worked up--it's not worth it, as aggravating as it is....and just concentrate on the fact that there are lots of people there which only helps the bottom line...

(Mrs. Aloha)

MarqSox
08-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Hopefully the recent Mickey Mouse operation going on at the Urinal will distract Flub fans from infiltrating the Cell's stands (as many of us suspect it is said Flub fans starting said maneuver).

I think it's time to face the facts on this one ... Sox Fans are guilty of the wave. I was at Thomas' 400th HR game, and five bozos decked out in Sox gear tried for about 15 minutes to get the left field bleachers to do the wave. They got it about halfway around a couple times before giving up.

But this has become typical. Of the last five Sox games I've been at, the Wave was started three times, and never by someone with Cubs stuff on.

DC Sox Fan
08-04-2003, 03:25 PM
If there is a big crowd tonight, you can also be assured that some nitwit(s) will throw back a HR ball.

Not true, because there won't be any Royals HRs tonight :cool:

bobj4400
08-04-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by FJA

Sox Army, UNITE!

We must come to the realization that the wave (along with throwing home run balls back) will/has become the norm when a large crowd is drawn to Comiskey. Unfortunately, this is due to the fact that to get a large crowd, many of the so-called fans are actually non-fans that just go to the game b/c the Sox are winning and it has become somewhat fashionable to cheer for the Sox/attend the game. There are many people in Chicago who profess to cheer for both teams (nothing worse than these people), when these people come out to the game, they bring down the rest of us with their stupid actions.

In fact, I was at a friend's lakehouse in Michigan over the weekend, and after the Sox won on Friday night to take over part of first place, his dad was happy and excited about the Sox. When I questioned him about the fact that he normally professes to be a Cubs fan, he said, "I root for whoever is winning." I almost fell into the lake I was so mad. Will someone please insert the picture of the guy puking along with that quote...

DC Sox Fan
08-04-2003, 03:38 PM
For you, Bobj...

"I root for whoever is winning."
bobj4400 ----------------> :chunks

bobj4400
08-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by DC Sox Fan
For you, Bobj...

bobj4400 ----------------> :chunks

Thanks!! :D:

hold2dibber
08-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
It will be a losing effort. Once the bozos get the wave started, the rest of the lemmings just go along with it. And there are some Sox fans who like it (read earlier threads).

If there is a big crowd tonight, you can also be assured that some nitwit(s) will throw back a HR ball. :angry:

Some things just can't be controlled. So don't get all worked up--it's not worth it, as aggravating as it is....and just concentrate on the fact that there are lots of people there which only helps the bottom line...

(Mrs. Aloha)

You hit the nail on the head, Mrs. A. Back in the early days of the former "new Comiskey," I used to get all riled up when people started the wave. But that meant I was paying more attention to stopping the wave than I was to the game, and that was/is my whole objection to the wave in the 1st place. When it starts now, I just take deep breaths, focus on the game, and try not to let it distract from my fun.

HawkDJ
08-04-2003, 04:55 PM
Yeah it's hopeless. The wave will be strated tonight and nothing can be done to stop it. At least when we get the wave that means we've got a big crowd. It is just very very annoying.