PDA

View Full Version : Just Back From 2 Weeks In New England

34 Inch Stick
08-04-2003, 11:51 AM
I always said that I would not get excited for this team until they were both above .500 and less than 5 games out. I come back from a great 2 week trip and the Sox give me something to get excited about.

It's nice to come back from a trip and have something to be excited about. It beats the usual post vacation depression.

I payed attention to sports for about 1 hour over my break. My wife wanted to take a tour of Louisa May Alcott's house, but our son fell asleep in the car on the way there. She didn't want to wake him up so I happily volunteered to stay in the car while she took the tour. Funny how Little Women does not have the same significance for me as it does for her. Anyway I listened to Boston sports radio for that hour. They have the same fatalistic view of their team as we do. I guess you learn after being kicked enough times for the better part of a century.

LuvSox
08-04-2003, 12:20 PM
Did you take the tour of the log cabin that Peter Gammons was born in? :D:

delben91
08-04-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Did you take the tour of the log cabin that Peter Gammons was born in? :D:

Perhaps you're confused with Thoreau's cabin on Walden Pond LuvSox. Granted, his writing was also pompous and egotistical, so the confusion with Gammons is understandable. :D:

34 Inch Stick
08-04-2003, 01:31 PM
I went to Walden Pond also. Neither Gammons nor Thoreau's cabin is there anymore. They did have a replica of Thoreau's though. I tried to take a picture of the cabin and some annoying fat woman with her equally annoying children would not move out of the way. It is not that hard to completely block a 10 x 10 one room cabin.

As annoying as Gammons may be, Boston is a great city. If I had to move to a place to work and raise a family I think it would be Boston.