PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Change Id like to see Immediately....

Hangar18
08-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Does anyone remember how the SOX used to have a little City of Chicago FLAG sticker on the backs of their Batting Helmets?
I thought it Looked EXCELLENT...and lent a touch of Civic Pride here. For some reason, they took it off. I want it back on there. and FAST. The reason im worried about this, is that the Cubs have ALWAYS found something to COPY/Steal from the Sox
and I will be livid if they start putting the chicago Flag on their
helmets.....and ESPN fawns over them for having "civic pride".

CHISOXFAN13
08-04-2003, 11:47 AM
Good call. That really was a nice touch on the back of the helmets.

Brings me back to the early 90s when Ventura was blasting grand slams all over the new Comiskey.

delben91
08-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Good call. That really was a nice touch on the back of the helmets.

Brings me back to the early 90s when Ventura was blasting grand slams all over the new Comiskey.

Did you see how Ventura had an inside the park home run for the Dodgers last night? Man, it reminded me of Konerko getting an insider the parker against Tampa Bay years ago.

Some guys just redefine "lumbering" on the basepaths.

Brian26
08-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Speaking of uniforms, I can't remember the last time the Sox wore their non-sleeveless uni's at home. The sleeveless version is almost the standard now.

MarqSox
08-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Speaking of uniforms, I can't remember the last time the Sox wore their non-sleeveless uni's at home. The sleeveless version is almost the standard now.

I don't think that's a bad development... the regular ones are fine, but the sleeveless are so much cooler.

Brian26
08-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
I don't think that's a bad development... the regular ones are fine, but the sleeveless are so much cooler.

Agreed 100%. The colors just WORK. It looks classy and cool.

Jerko
08-04-2003, 09:53 PM
The uniform change I'd like to see most is Manuel going from a Sox uniform to a prison uniform for robbing the Sox of so many wins over the years.

soxnut
08-04-2003, 11:13 PM
I remember them having the flag on the helmet. I loved it. It was a great connection to Chicago-----a great reminder to everyone that, yes.....the Sox are from Chicago too. :smile:

SaltyPretzel
08-04-2003, 11:38 PM
Since they don't have the Comiskey Park patch anymore, why not put the sock logo from the road uniforms on the home jerseys?

Nellie_Fox
08-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by delben91
Did you see how Ventura had an inside the park home run for the Dodgers last night? Man, it reminded me of Konerko getting an insider the parker against Tampa Bay years ago.

Some guys just redefine "lumbering" on the basepaths. I see that Ed Herrmann is featured on the homepage. The funniest thing I ever saw at a ballgame was Ft. Herrmann legging out a triple. The guys were rolling on the floor of the dugout laughing by the time he finally made third. Ventura is "The Flash" compared to Herrmann.

Hangar18
08-05-2003, 10:01 AM
I generally DONT like the Vest look on major league uniforms....but it does Work with the Reds. The Royals visiting uniform....BLACK hats, black sleeves (because of the blue in their uniforms) DOESNT WORK. It looks Horrible on them. (though the shadowed blk trim on the home uniform is nicely done, not TOO much) But Last Year...when the SOX started wearing the Home VEST with the Black underneath it........WOW. It looked Really Really Good. The color schemes work perfectly together because of the chomatics involved (def.) The sox home uniform is basically PLAIN, so a vest look works well as long as the there isnt so much "busy-ness" on the front. As I said, black and gray on white works perfectly because they are the same color scale.
I wish that was their Regular uniform, day in and day out. I see that they have this sewn on black sleeve now......and it Looks
FAKE

Hangar18
08-05-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
Since they don't have the Comiskey Park patch anymore, why not put the sock logo from the road uniforms on the home jerseys?

Better yet....put the Original "Inaugaral Year" Comiskey Patch
Back on the home uniforms. The Home uniform looks even PLAINER than before without that patch on it now. *yawn*

vegyrex
08-05-2003, 10:17 AM
No, I don't like the vest. They should stick to what they've been wearing since the end of the 1990 season.

Nellie_Fox
08-06-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Better yet....put the Original "Inaugaral Year" Comiskey Patch
Back on the home uniforms. The Home uniform looks even PLAINER than before without that patch on it now. *yawn* I like plain uniforms. You want non-plain uniforms? You're a candidate for the polyester color explosion of the 70's and 80's. It was awful.

doublem23
08-06-2003, 12:21 AM
I think they should put a white button on the top of the Sox hats, as opposed to the black one.

Nellie_Fox
08-06-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I think they should put a white button on the top of the Sox hats, as opposed to the black one. Are you serious? Let's add a propeller too.

doublem23
08-06-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Are you serious? Let's add a propeller too.

Sounds nifty! :)

Yeah, I think the Sox hat would look better if the black button on top was changed to white.

Hangar18
08-06-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Are you serious? Let's add a propeller too.

hehh heh. thats a good one. but seriously folks, Im not
condoning the putting of all kinds of colors on a uniform just to put it on there. Some teams are just Adding BLACK to make themselves cool, but like in the NY Mets Uniforms,,,,they are THE WORST. Black and BLUE DONT GO TOGETHER. Doesnt MLB get it? Blk/Blue only works in the Royals Home uni because its used as SHADOWING and not overdone like their ROAD Uniforms are. I cheer AGAINST the Mets because of those Terrible uniforms they wear.