PDA

View Full Version : Mike Sweeney back for K.C. tonight

Steve Bartman
08-04-2003, 11:05 AM
The Royals web site says the guy is back from his minor league stint, and should be in the line-up tonight. I fear this guy more than anyone else in their line-up. I just hope Jerry doesn't put Koch into the game to face him again.
:jon
"Don't worry about it."

voodoochile
08-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
The Royals web site says the guy is back from his minor league stint, and should be in the line-up tonight. I fear this guy more than anyone else in their line-up. I just hope Jerry doesn't put Koch into the game to face him again.
"Don't worry about it."

I have to agree. Sweeney seems to take special pleasure in beating on the Sox. It's like the Royals just got their big brother back. Things just got tougher, but no one thought it was going to be easy to win the division did they?

MetalliSox
08-04-2003, 12:23 PM
I think...I'm gonna....be......

:chunks

FJA
08-04-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
"Don't worry about it."

I don't know what the site said earlier, but now it says Sweeney's a possibility.

Either way, he's missed 41 games and didn't hit particularly well during his rehab assignment (although no physical problems were reported). He obviously could be a threat, but if there's something more to his not hitting well at AAA and the Royals rush him back, it could work in our favor.

I'm not terribly worried until I see what he can do. No reason to ...

:chunks

just yet.