PDA

View Full Version : Only Upper Deck Tickets Left for Monday's Game

Viva Magglio
08-03-2003, 09:06 PM
I just did a check on Ticketmaster around 9:00 p.m. Sunday to gauge how many tickets remain for Monday's game. Making an inquiry for one "best available" ticket to the game, Ticketmaster's website came up with Section 537 in the Upper Deck Boxes. For a four "best available" ticket inquiry, Ticketmaster came up with Box 542.

This means that the lower deck is already sold out, and I verified that by making one ticket inquiries there. However, those sections in the upper deck are only between third base and home plate. That means there are plenty of upper deck tickets available, right?

I wonder how many tickets will be sold on Monday over the Internet and at the box office. I was thinking this game on Monday could be a sellout, but now I am not so sure. I wonder if the return of c-ball in Seattle this weekend changed things.

MarqSox
08-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I wonder how many tickets will be sold on Monday over the Internet and at the box office. I was thinking this game on Monday could be a sellout, but now I am not so sure. I wonder if the return of c-ball in Seattle this weekend changed things.

I'm expecting 32k to 35k. I think a sweep in Seattle would have assured a sellout.

nut_stock
08-03-2003, 09:28 PM
the lower deck is sold out for Saturday too. (Fireworks) ....Hey, are any of you (who have 4 lower level tickets already) interested in selling me 4 tickets to that game????

FJA
08-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I just did a check on Ticketmaster around 9:00 p.m. Sunday to gauge how many tickets remain for Monday's game. Making an inquiry for one "best available" ticket to the game, Ticketmaster's website came up with Section 537 in the Upper Deck Boxes. For a four "best available" ticket inquiry, Ticketmaster came up with Box 542.

This means that the lower deck is already sold out, and I verified that by making one ticket inquiries there. However, those sections in the upper deck are only between third base and home plate. That means there are plenty of upper deck tickets available, right?

I just checked (10:30 Sun. night), and it's still 542 for four tickets, 526 for one.

But they've been selling steadily this weekend. Just Saturday I was able to get four behind home plate in the UD. I think most Sox fans (fairweather and otherwise) understand that 4-2 is still a really good road trip and that this KC series can put us into first place if we play well. There's also the anticipation of Frank's 2000th, but that might be a bit more of a cult reason to go.

I don't expect the game to sellout, but I think it will be close. The weather should be beautiful which can make a big difference in walk-up crowd. Nobody who saw today's weather said, "Let's buy tickets for a baseball game."

What I would like to see is KW make a good deal for a pitcher via waivers in the afternoon, which might entice radio listeners and Web surfers to come out (see the crowd the day of the Alomar deal ... I know a waiver deal won't be as big, but we don't need a record walk-up crowd for this one either ... just an increase from a further commitment to winning from the front office). Problem is, I don't know if it's possible for anyone we want to clear so soon. Anyone know? I thought post-trade deadline players could be placed on waivers as early as Friday and cleared as early as tomorrow ...

gosox41
08-03-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
I'm expecting 32k to 35k. I think a sweep in Seattle would have assured a sellout.

I think a lot of people are concerned about the forecast. If it's nice out tomorrow I can see 7-10K walking up to get tickets.

Bob

Thunderstruck30
08-04-2003, 12:16 AM
This game will be on national TV so thank God theres gonna be a good crowd.

koch44
08-04-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
This game will be on national TV so thank God theres gonna be a good crowd.

Agreed, I remember when I went to the Sunday night game against Seattle.http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/sad.gif

sox_fan_forever
08-04-2003, 12:58 AM
Does anyone know about Tuesday's game? I'm thinking about going....

doublem23
08-04-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever

If you plan on going Tuesday and walking up (like I am), be sure to get there early. Tuesdays are deceptive because you can't buy 1/2 price tickes ahead of time (like you can on Monday), so they usually draw a larger, earlier walk-up crowd.

I'm sure it's not as sold as Monday's, but I have a feeling with walk-ups, it will also be a big seller, especially if the Sox do well against KC in the opener.

I just did a Ticketmaster search for 3 "Best Available" and it came up with 3 tickets in Box 110, lower deck in the right field curve.

A.T. Money
08-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever

Show up with an empty Pepsi can and get a half price ticket.

npdempse
08-04-2003, 02:19 AM

I'd be interested in seeing if you could get LD tix by walking up or calling the Sox Charge line (NOT the ticketmaster 800 number).

I've gotten wildly different results from dealing directly with the Sox box office than from Ticketmaster in the past. I assume they each have their own blocks of tickets.

whitesoxwilkes
08-04-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
I'd be interested in seeing if you could get LD tix by walking up or calling the Sox Charge line (NOT the ticketmaster 800 number).

I've gotten wildly different results from dealing directly with the Sox box office than from Ticketmaster in the past. I assume they each have their own blocks of tickets.

They do. I called Saturday morning to get tickets for tonight and have 2 in section 108, Row 15. If anyone wants to drop by, I'm the tall guy with a black Sox floppy and scorebook.

steff
08-04-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I think a lot of people are concerned about the forecast. If it's nice out tomorrow I can see 7-10K walking up to get tickets.

Bob

Already 32K sold. There won't be 10K avaliable for walk-ups at that pace!

Max Power
08-04-2003, 09:50 AM
I just got 2 in sec 531 row 26 off of ticketmaster. Not bad, right behind the plate.

Hangar18
08-04-2003, 09:51 AM
I'll be there This Evening ........ Left Field Concourse area...
waiting for Franks 2000th hit and another chance to be on TV
again heh heh .............

Viva Magglio
08-04-2003, 10:10 AM
Earlier in the season, didn't we have a 9500 walk-up or something like that? If we do that with 32K already sold, we'll obviously top 40K easily with a walk-up like that.

voodoochile
08-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Max Power
I just got 2 in sec 531 row 26 off of ticketmaster. Not bad, right behind the plate.

I'll be in row 20 in my Frank Thomas Jersey, so look for me...

NewyorkSoxFan
08-04-2003, 10:18 AM
I just tried "best available" for 2 and I got Sec 546. So it looks like its filling up quite nicely. I don't want to be embarassed on ESPN....Again.

NYSF

voodoochile
08-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
I just tried "best available" for 2 and I got Sec 546. So it looks like its filling up quite nicely. I don't want to be embarassed on ESPN....Again.

NYSF

Little trick, next time ask for UD RESERVED. You may be a little higher up, but won't be down the line so far. You can even ask them, to find UDR that is in row 16 (UDB ends at 15) and they normally won't have you much past the batting circles.

NewyorkSoxFan
08-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Little trick, next time ask for UD RESERVED. You may be a little higher up, but won't be down the line so far. You can even ask them, to find UDR that is in row 16 (UDB ends at 15) and they normally won't have you much past the batting circles.

Thanx Voodo, I was just planning on moving down to the field in between innings. :D:

NYSF

voodoochile
08-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Thanx Voodo, I was just planning on moving down to the field in between innings. :D:

NYSF

On the field proper? I think Security will have something to say about that. :D:

If you were serious - be aware that UD tickets are only good for the UD now. You won't be allowed in the LD unless someone you know will bring you some ticket stubs on the concourse.

NewyorkSoxFan
08-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
On the field proper? I think Security will have something to say about that. :D:

If you were serious - be aware that UD tickets are only good for the UD now. You won't be allowed in the LD unless someone you know will bring you some ticket stubs on the concourse.

Relax Voodoo, I won't be on the field!! Yes I know once you are in the UD you are a prisoner, until you leave.

I wish I could go, but stuck here in NY watching on ESPN. BTW when did they make this an ESPN game? Thank god, otherwise I would have to listen on the net, b/c of WCIU.

NYSF

voodoochile
08-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Relax Voodoo, I won't be on the field!! Yes I know once you are in the UD you are a prisoner, until you leave.

I wish I could go, but stuck here in NY watching on ESPN. BTW when did they make this an ESPN game? Thank god, otherwise I would have to listen on the net, b/c of WCIU.

NYSF

Yeah, I figured you were joking. They just added it to the lineup last week, I think...