PDA

View Full Version : Is Chuck "Whitesnake" Finley available?

SoxxoS
08-03-2003, 10:42 AM
Although he is a a boozer, pot smoker and steroid abuser (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/finleydec1.html)

He is still better than a sober Danny Wright.

harwar
08-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Although he is a a boozer, pot smoker

Yea baby,sounds like my kinda guy.

SoxxoS
08-03-2003, 11:12 AM
The White Sox? For how much money?

I'll kick your ass, Chuck!!!

valposoxfan
08-03-2003, 12:01 PM
To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind having Finley...

ewokpelts
08-03-2003, 12:29 PM
....to the allegations about him being a boozer, pot hed, and steroids user are priceless...one of the wsi guys uses it as his signature....

"I cant belive she left out the crossdressing...."

.................oh, and if he's cheep, I wouldnt mind the sox getting him

Lip Man 1
08-03-2003, 01:12 PM
Chuck hasn't pitched in almost a year. it's a nice thought but by the time he'd be ready after going to Charlotte (?) for a month we'd be in September and the Sox might go to a four man rotation.

The solution to the problem is for Williams to pick up some pitchers off the waiver wair.

That is a real possibility. Many clubs will pass on selecting anybody because they are either completely out of the race (therefore no need) or they won't be willing to pick up salary.

The Sox could probably get someone decent for the short term. They simply can't risk Danny "I Can't Pitch" Wright for another five or six more times this year. When you only have about 55 games left that's a sizable chunk.

It should NEVER have come to this in the first place dammit. There were pitchers available in the winter fairly cheap Now it could be 1996 all over again.

Lip

princek
08-03-2003, 03:00 PM
ive met Chuck Finley in person and he is a pompous a-hole. This guy would be a terrible pickup considering he hasnt pitched all year and i can imagine him being a real clubhouse cancer.