PDA

View Full Version : Dan Evans, He Gawn (maybe soon according to Rogers)

DrCrawdad
08-03-2003, 04:45 AM
Blame game: Unless Robin Ventura works miracles in Los Angeles, Dan Evans and Jim Tracy could be out as the Dodgers' GM and manager, respectively.

This has been a hugely disappointing season for Los Angeles, which continues to waste well-pitched games. The Dodgers lead the majors with a 3.06 ERA but entered the weekend 13Ĺ games behind San Francisco and in fifth place in the crowded NL wild-card race.

There's debate whether Evans should be held accountable for not giving Tracy better hitters or if Tracy isn't making the most of what he has. Either way, neither of them can feel good about their chances after Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. has completed its sale of the team.

Wonder how some Dodger fans feel about Dan Evans? Check out this link (http://dodgerblues.com/content/features_evans.html)

DrCrawdad
08-03-2003, 05:02 AM
Evans has said that heís put Chicago in his past. The thing is Evans just canít stop digging thru the trash of both Chicago teams.

Hereís a list of former Chicago players Evans has brought to the Dodgers, please feel free to add others I may have missed:

1. James Baldwin
2. McKay Christensen
3. Tyler Houston
4. Terry Mulholland
5. Fred McGriff
6. Todd Hundley
7. Kevin Beirne
8. Wilson Alvarez
9. Robin Ventura

JasonC23
08-03-2003, 09:19 AM
I would LOVE to have Jim Tracy manage the Sox. He has done amazing work in LA the past few seasons with an average (at best) team.

Fire Manuel! Hire Tracy! (Or Dierker!)

Medford Bobby
08-03-2003, 12:26 PM
Boy as along time NL fan of the Dodgers they have not made a decent move since the late '80's. They should have and I always thought would hire Mike Scoicia as manager but thought Davey Johnson was the answer. They have had great pitching (remember Pedro??) thru the '90's but always had crap handle bats. When Dan Evans came in I thought he would keep up with the type of moves that Brian Sabean was doing with the Giants, but instead he gets old Sox rejects. I guess Shawn Hillagas can't be too far behind!! :(:

:gulp: Sox game on Fox Sports Northwest today, get a cold one ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gulp:

MarkEdward
08-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by JasonC23
I would LOVE to have Jim Tracy manage the Sox. He has done amazing work in LA the past few seasons with an average (at best) team.

Fire Manuel! Hire Tracy! (Or Dierker!)

I agree. Tracy has had no offense to work with, yet his teams continue to finish over .500.

I'd also like to see Davey Johnson come here. Wouldn't mind Cito Gasten too.

doublem23
08-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Now that Kenny Williams is beginning to really get used to this whole "MLB GM" thing, I don't think anyone in their right mind would still claim that we got the better man in the Williams-Evans debate.

But there's sure to be some stone cold KW haters out there.

TornLabrum
08-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Now that Kenny Williams is beginning to really get used to this whole "MLB GM" thing, I don't think anyone in their right mind would still claim that we got the better man in the Williams-Evans debate.

Heck, I even quit calling him Prof. Chaos, although that could change if the lack of a fifth starter costs us the division championship.

MarkEdward
08-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

I dunno. Evans hasn't done anything really stupid over in L.A. He hasn't done anything great either. He did put a good team together this year. However, Brian Jordan got injured and Shawn Green and Adrian Beltre's bats are nowhere to be found. If these players are playing up to expectations, the Dodgers are a much better team.