PDA

View Full Version : It's time to go with a 4 man rotation

ChiSox14305635
08-02-2003, 10:54 PM
Between Wright & Porzio, the Sox haven't gotten squat out of the 5th starter. So I say they just go with:

Buehrle
Loaiza
Colon
Garland

Put Wright in the pen, (or back to Charlotte), and bring up another reliever to strengthen the pen.

inta
08-02-2003, 11:05 PM
agreed.
maybe give shoenweis a try against a detroit or tampa.... enough people are saying he can do it, and if he has the hunger... it could be a nice feel good story to this season.

wright definitely does not have it agaist seattle, and we need a guy who can handle it against a playoff candidate like the M's.

manuelsucks
08-02-2003, 11:59 PM
I think before we go to the 4 man rotation, we should try to put Schoeneweis in as a starter. I've heard good things about him as a starter. If he doesn't get the job done as a starter, then I agree, we MUST go to the four man rotation.

Saracen
08-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Problem being Loaiza does not want to go to a 4 man rotation.

Mammoo
08-03-2003, 12:29 AM
What is this ****ing fascination with Danny Wright? It's obvious he's not getting it done this year...maybe never!

I'm sure Ken Williams is doing his best to get someone in in that can do the job. I hope he hits on something soon because Wright is all wrong. :o:

Lip Man 1
08-03-2003, 12:33 AM
A few things:

Mark Buehrle was quoted in the paper last week as saying that he, Colon and Garland are all for going to a four man rotation but that Loazia isn't sure. If this does happen Buehrle said it would only be in September.

The answer isn't a four man rotation, it's FINDING A COMPETENT 5th STARTER! (or do you want a repat of 96 when the Sox blew the Wild Card spot because their 5th starters that year went 4-11 in 26 starts.)

"You can never have enough pitching..." Pale Hose George

Lip