PDA

View Full Version : If we sweep KC at home...

Viva Magglio
08-02-2003, 10:45 PM
...we'll be in first place alone no matter what. BUT let us not count chickens before they hatch. We have a TON of ton of work to do.

WhiteSox = Life
08-02-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...we'll be in first place alone no matter what. BUT let us not count chickens before they hatch. We have a TON of ton of work to do.

Namely, win tomorrow. And with total confidence.

Edit: Post 666. Hope it's not a sign.

Mammoo
08-03-2003, 12:42 AM
...hope it happens! :?:

KC is a good team and will hang around the rest of the year.

fquaye149
08-03-2003, 11:26 AM
this is the thread where everyone comes in and says, "with the way we played last night, we'll be lucky if they don't sweep us"

Lip Man 1
08-03-2003, 01:16 PM
It's a possibility you know, the way the Sox go into funks and dives. All you have to do is look at the past 2 1/2 seasons to see that.

Lip

VeeckAsInWreck
08-03-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It's a possibility you know, the way the Sox go into funks and dives. All you have to do is look at the past 2 1/2 seasons to see that.

Lip

That is so true. Heck, If the Sox were a roller coaster, people would die from the shock of the ride! :D:

WhiteSox = Life
08-03-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Namely, win tomorrow. And with total confidence.

Edit: Post 666. Hope it's not a sign.

It was.

And, if I'm not mistaken and if it had taken place in the next inning, the Mariner's scoring would've been:

6th inning, 6 hits, 6 runs

VeeckAsInWreck
08-04-2003, 12:00 AM
And, if I'm not mistaken and if it had taken place in the next inning, the Mariner's scoring would've been 6th inning, 6 hits, 6 runs :

:bundy
Whoa! That is freaky!

SouthBendSox
08-04-2003, 01:42 AM
Sox will take 2 of 3

with El Tinkero costing them the sweep when he rests Gordon and lets Billy Goat try a save

MetalliSox
08-04-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
Sox will take 2 of 3

with El Tinkero costing them the sweep when he rests Gordon and lets Billy Goat try a save

That's not too far fetched.

Anyone know if "Sox Killa" Sweeney is playing?

harwar
08-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Anyone know if "Sox Killa" Sweeney is playing?

Sweeney is in Chicago with the royals and will be in the starting lineup tonight.He had a 2 game rehab stint(hitting the game-winner yesterday)and said that his timing is there already.I guess we'll see.One thing is for sure,the royals will be fired up for this game.I've watched them a lot this season and they love the national(espn broadcast) spotlight and unlike last week can sometimes play like they're possesed.I'm still looking for the Sox to win at least 2 or maybe even sweep because we are the better team,plain and simple,even tho we have JM at the helm.

Rocky Soprano
08-04-2003, 09:39 AM
The Sox will at least take the series. If Frank's bat wakes up then we will sweep!

:)

Lets Go Frank! Get #2000!

delben91
08-04-2003, 09:40 AM
I don't want to even think about a sweep yet. Let's see if the Sox can win the first one tonight.

After that, worry about Tuesday's game, etc.

I have faith in the Sox still, even after the last two games in Seattle, and think they're the better team in this series. Now they just have to prove it.

kevingrt
08-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Anyone notice how Minnesota is not far back and the only three okay to good teams they have left are the White Sox, Anaheim, and KC.

Thats scary... the rest they have is Baltimore, Cleveland, Detroit, and teams like that.

voodoochile
08-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
It was.

And, if I'm not mistaken and if it had taken place in the next inning, the Mariner's scoring would've been:

6th inning, 6 hits, 6 runs

One of those hits was an E-6, I don't care how they scored it...

Hangar18
08-04-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
The Sox will at least take the series. If Frank's bat wakes up then we will sweep!

:)

Lets Go Frank! Get #2000!

If Manuel starts putting Big Frank at FIRST BASE ... like he did
back in June....then HE'LL START HITTING