PDA

View Full Version : Classless Cub fans

doublem23
08-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Basically just jeered and booed a little girl because she didn't want to throw a home run ball back. Of course, a bleacher bum (caught on TV) kept his home run ball and threw back a ball he brought with him.

Hypocrites.

JJAustin69
08-02-2003, 05:22 PM
I was just about to post something about it. What a disgrace! Tormenting a little kid for your drunken Cubbie amusement. Is there no limit to their stupidity? Also, the announcers on Fox caught a guy red handed throwing a counterfeit ball back onto the field. Something that we here at WSI have been well aware of for years. All I can really say is :thankgod

doublem23
08-02-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I'm pretty sure most of the booers didn't know a little girl caught it, I mean I think Cubs suck but ya know

There were some folks in plain sight of her, heckling. I'm not saying all of them knew who had it, but I'm sure that some of them did.

What a bunch of jackasses. :angry:

JJAustin69
08-02-2003, 05:29 PM
A random thought: Sox fans booing Manuel and rival players draws ire and scorn but Cub fans booing an impressionable little girl is tradition.

doublem23
08-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by JJAustin69
A random thought: Sox fans booing Manuel and rival players draws ire and scorn but Cub fans booing an impressionable little girl is tradition.

Sox fans are still the classless *******s, of course.

**** you, Chicago sports media.

JJAustin69
08-02-2003, 05:34 PM
Yep, that Wrigley sure is a great place to take the family.

JJAustin69
08-02-2003, 05:47 PM
Now a plague of gnats has descended upon Wrigley in obvious Karmic retribution. Ha ha. Fox TV showing people swatting and miserable. Good enough for you.

Jjav829
08-02-2003, 05:54 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! The Gnats are exacting revenge! Go Gants Go! :D:

BTW, that was classless. I felt sorry for the little girl. Shes got a bunch of drunken morons telling her to throw the ball back when she doesnt want to. Puds.

WinningUgly!
08-02-2003, 05:59 PM
LOL! Watch how Dusty Baker will end up using the swarm of gnats as an excuse if the sCrUBS lose.

Go Gnats Go!

JJAustin69
08-02-2003, 06:20 PM
This is the best thing I have ever seen! Those gnats are so thick, you could walk on them! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people. Close your hearts to pity Sox fans, they have brought this upon themselves.

Jjav829
08-02-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
LOL! Watch how Dusty Baker will end up using the swarm of gnats as an excuse if the sCrUBS lose.

Go Gnats Go!

Add "Too Gnaty" to the Flubs list of excuses. :smile:

RKMeibalane
08-02-2003, 07:34 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/darth.jpg

"This behavior is most disturbing. Perhaps it is time that I showed Cubs fans the true nature of the Force."

hose
08-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Add "Too Gnaty" to the Flubs list of excuses. :smile:

ROFLOL

Thunderstruck30
08-03-2003, 02:04 AM
Exactly how old was the girl? And how did the cameras catch a guy throwing back another ball that wasnt the home run ball?

doublem23
08-03-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Exactly how old was the girl? And how did the cameras catch a guy throwing back another ball that wasnt the home run ball?

She wasn't incredibly young... She was maybe 10-12 or so (my ballpark).

As for the other guy, he didn't catch the ball, he kind of stumbled over, picked it up (with his left hand, IIRC), and as he turned, you could see him reach into his pocket and when both hands came into view, he had 2 baseballs and chucked one back.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-03-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
She wasn't incredibly young... She was maybe 10-12 or so (my ballpark).

In other words, she was old enough to know that throwing back a home run ball is an act of monumental stupidity. What excuse can we make for the idiots booing her inside the Urinal?

Originally posted by doublem23
As for the other guy, he didn't catch the ball, he kind of stumbled over, picked it up (with his left hand, IIRC), and as he turned, you could see him reach into his pocket and when both hands came into view, he had 2 baseballs and chucked one back.

I didn't watch the game, but I'm glad to hear this. The game was nationally televised by Fox. We can trust their announcers and crew to shine a bright light on the deception that the Cubune is all too willing to keep hidden.

The Cubune has every idiot in America believing Flubs fans throw back home run balls. Who's surprised? This is the same outfit scalping their own tickets.

adsit
08-03-2003, 09:58 AM
It was all in SportsCenter's reel this morning... they showed the guy turning his back to the camera as he switched baseballs (and even though it was really quite obvious, they superimposed an arrow as the guy reached into his pocket); the girl getting hassled about wanting to keep hers (it seems they came up with an extra baseball for her as well...); and the miserable yuppies huddled under mosquito netting as the gnats attacked.

When the sideshow scamming takes precedence over actual game highlights, it's a good sign the Cubs are rapidly becoming irrelevant.

Brian26
08-03-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by adsit
When the sideshow scamming takes precedence over actual game highlights, it's a good sign the Cubs are rapidly becoming irrelevant.

Face it. The Cubs game is nothing but a pre-party for the real festivities of the night: $2.00 Bud Light bottles at Gamekeeper's.
Dude.

voodoochile
08-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by adsit
It was all in SportsCenter's reel this morning... they showed the guy turning his back to the camera as he switched baseballs (and even though it was really quite obvious, they superimposed an arrow as the guy reached into his pocket); the girl getting hassled about wanting to keep hers (it seems they came up with an extra baseball for her as well...); and the miserable yuppies huddled under mosquito netting as the gnats attacked.

Wouldn't that be nice, unfortunately, the sideshow stuff is what the team is all about. The Trib is probably loving it large that ESPN chooses to market the fun lovable "wink wink nudge nudge" day in the bleachers. "Look at the fans having fun throwing balls around. Heck, everyone is so friendly that they give little girl's their very own ball to throw back when she doesn't want to give up her hard earned souveneir. It's one big happy bleacher family." Then they can ignore the fact that their team will finish no higher than 3rd for another season...